15

"Rajkumar Bheem had married hidimba and rajkumari draupadi had choosen Rajkumar yudhishthir in her swayamvar. They are married"

Hearing these words of Malini, mayuri's blood ran cold. She couldn't believe her, the pang it send to heart was indescribable.

You see, a few months had passed sinced the talks of mayuri's swayamvar began.

Flashback

"We must start preparing for mayuri's swayamvar."

Now hearing rohini's words, Krishna had a neutral face while balaram and vasudev went into a situation of extreme panic. Revathi, satyabhama and rukmini were surprised but expected it sooner or later. While Mayuri on the other hand felt like she was just swallowed by the sky.

"Maa what are you talking about?!" Mayuri questioned "Exactly mata, she is too young" balaram reasoned coming closer to his sister. "You didn't consult me before making this decision priye?" Vasudev added.

"Arya, this was going to happen sooner or later and we know that you always shake off the topic of mayuri's swayamvar. Dau, Mayuri is at the correct age. We shouldn't delay it further" devaki reasoned earning looks of disapproval from balaram.

"But mata-" as balaram was going to reason more he was stopped by Mayuri who had a hurt expression on her face. "Are you that eager to send me away maate?" She questioned which earned gasps from them. "Mayu..." Krishna began but was stopped by devaki "How can you question such things mayu? This is our dharm as your parents, your dharm as a woman and princess" devaki replied and Mayuri shook her head before running away. Tears of frustration swelled up in her eyes as she swiped them.

She didn't get why was she feeling so upset about her marriage? Her entire teachings she got from her gurus were about life and marriage is one the punya we can repay with to bhudevi. She knew that eventually she will be marrying then why can't her heart accept it? Why do pandavas appear in her mind as she thinks of marriage?

The forbidden feelings she grew for them will not be accepted by society, how could she express this to her family?

________

Since then the talk of her swayamvar was dismissed, she refused to talk about it to anyone. Krishna knew what's in her mind and gave her time to gather her thoughts. She knew her actions were hurting her mothers.

"Okay, Malini you can leave" Mayuri spoke coldly "but mayu-"

"Malini leave!" She raised her tone a pitch higher. Malini sighed and eventually left her alone.

Mayuri fell on the floor sobbing as she began to curse herself for having such feelings for five different men. She cursed herself for being selfish and causing pain to her family.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and she immediately knew it was Krishna. She turned to find rukmini and satyabhama standing before her with small smiles.

"Kanha!" She sobbed before hugging him. He hugged her back tightly and she let out her cries. "Shhh it's okay.. ayonija" he whispered kissing her temple.

"What's wrong with me kanha? Why do I feel in such way towards the Pandavas? I'm bringing shame to our family with such thoughts. Two of them are already married yet I cannot control my unsaid feelings"

"I did not feel pain that they married other women. I felt pain knowing I'll never be them, I'll never be panchali nor hidimba. I'm degrading my character to nothing as I feel in such way about them. I'm not worthy enough for any of them"

Saying this she cried harder, her eyes puffed out and red. Rukmini and satyabhama sat beside her caressing mayuri's head. "No mayuri, you have done nothing wrong. This is your destiny, you were born for this" satyabhama spoke and Mayuri looked at her confused "What do you mean bhabhi?"