Chapter 15 | 𝐉.𝐒.𝐒

"My team... we saw it early on, back when we were on one of those first scouts, finding out what was around here. There was a camp at the bottom. The people, they must have blocked the exits with one of those trucks back when everything started to go bad. They didn't make it. They were all roamers. Maybe a dozen of them."

"No one's been back since?"

"DC, every town worth scavenging are all in the other direction. And I never really felt like having a picnic next to the camp that ate itself."

"So all the while the walkers have been drawn by the sound and they're making more sound and they're drawing more in."

"And here we are." Rick nodded as he took his spot front and center "Now what I'm proposing, I know it sounds risky, but walkers are already slipping through the exits. One of the trucks keeping the walkers in could go off the edge any day now. Maybe after one more hard rain. That exit sends them east. All of them. Right at us. This isn't about if it gives, it's when. It's gonna happen. That's why we have to do this soon."

"This is-- I don't even have another word for it

"This is-- I don't even have another word for it. This is terrifying... All of it. But it doesn't sound like there's any other way." Carol looked around. It's hard to tell if she's actually scared or putting on an act for the other people in this room

"Maybe there is." A guy spoke up "I mean, couldn't we just build up the weak spots? I could draw up plans. I worked on the wall with Reg. Construction crew-- we can try and make it safe."

"Even if we could, the sound of those walkers is drawing more and more every day."

"Building up the exits won't change that." I said while shaking my head and no surprise agreeing with Rick

"We're gonna do what Rick says, the plan he's laid out." Deanna said while she looked out the window

"I told you all, we're gonna have Daryl leading them away." Rick started to lay out his plan again

"Me, too." Sasha added "I'll take a car, ride next to him. Can't just be him. I'll keep 'em coming, Daryl keeps 'em from getting sloppy."

"I'll go with her." Abraham volunteered himself "It's a long way to white-knuckle it solo."

"We'll have two teams. One on each side of the forest helping manage this thing. We're gonna have a few people on watch from now on. Rosita, Spencer, and Holly. So they're out... So who's in?"

"Me." Michonne half raised her hand

"I'm in." Glenn nodded after talking to Maggie about it briefly

"I'd like to help as well." Gabriel tried to volunteer

"No. Who else?" Rick shut him down "We need more."

"Me" I waved my hand

"Also no" He shut me down as well

"What?" I laughed out of shock "Why not?"