All The Right Things - Wenclair

Start from the beginning

"You have to, Darling. It is the only way"

Grandmama simply replies. Enid approaches the girl's side of the bed

"Can you give us a few minutes please?"

She asks politely, Grandmama nods and leaves the room with Lurch following 

"Hey"

She says gently, Wednesday shakes her head aggressively

"I can't go back in there, Enid. I won't"

"I know. I know. But you have to Weds, It'll only be for a few minutes"

Enid says taking a seat next to the girl who still laid on her back

"No, it's different in there. Time- time moves differently"

"It does not matter how time moves in there, as long as you remember that it's only a few minutes out here"

"It'll feel like an eternity Enid. I can't go back there"

Wednesday says her voice breaking slightly, Enid's heart aches. She leans closer to the girl looking her in the eyes

"What does she do to you, Willa?"

She asks softly, her voice full of concern 

"I can't describe it. She uses my thoughts against me, psychological torture. It's usually about you. I don't- Enid I can't "

Wednesday says looking at the other girl for the first time since this conversation had started, a tear rolls down her cheek but is quickly wiped away by Enid's soft touch as the blonde reaches and cups the smaller girl's face.

"It's okay. I'm sorry, I don't want you going back there either, but if it'll keep you safe from being ejected-"

"It won't! I could still be ejected"

"It decreases the chance Wednesday, I'll take that."

Enid replies almost immediately. Wednesday's gaze falls from the other's eyes. She nods slowly

"Okay"

She simply replies. Enid feels bad, She uses her hand to make Wednesday look at her once again, Her hand gently cupping the other's cheek again

"Hey, I'm gonna be right here, okay? I will see you again in a few minutes. In an eternity. But I will see you again. I promise you. You just keep in mind it is not real"

"That's like telling a schizophrenic person that the voices they hear are not real, Enid. Even if I was able to tell it's not real, it still hurts. I am sick of watching you die right in front of me. And I cannot do anything I just stand there being useless as the light in your eyes leaves you until nothing but an abyss is looking back at me"

Wednesday says withholding sobs as she speaks. Enid needs a few seconds before she can reply. What can she even say in this situation?

"Okay, then I just need you to be strong okay? Just one more time Weds. After this is done we'll deal with the damage she created at your own pace, but right now. I need you to go back in there, and be strong one more time. You are an Addams Willa. You are an intense and powerful force"

Enid continues a small smile forming her lips. Wednesday's head shakes slowly, her eyes filled with nothing but fear

"I am. The problem is she is too, Enid."

"You have something she doesn't. And that makes you stronger"

"What do I have?"

Wednesday asks her voice small