Prologue

"You can't gamble the family's property as you please. This is the third time already!"

Slap!

With an unpleasant sound, Florentia's head sharply turned to the left.

"You good for nothing, how dare you admonish me!"

The smell of alcohol was strong on the body of the man who had just pushed her shoulders away.

"Calm down, Astall. Let's get you to bed. Go over there."

Belsach tried to softly appease his drunken cousin and then turned towards Florentia.

"And you!"

Slap!

With a louder sound than the one before, five fingers were imprinted on the other side of her face.

"After four years of squandering on our family's money, do you think it suddenly belongs to you?"

Belsach berated Florentia as she held her face which had just been slapped twice.

"Don't be mistaken. Although you and us share the same last name, but with the blood flowing in your veins, you will never be a part of our family. All you can do is to live as our servant."

No matter how many times she heard it, those cruel words felt like a dagger that had just pierced her heart.

"If you tell grandfather anything that happened today, I won't leave you alone."

With a warning, Belsach spit on the ground and turned around.

Soon, the sound of the carriage grew more and more distant.

Left alone in the dark alley, Florentia clenched her fists.

A drop of red blood dripped down her injured lips.

***********************************************************************************************

Clack-clack. "Hiyah-Hiyah"

The small sway of the carriage and sound of the coachman awoke Florentia from the thoughts of the distant past.

As she slightly lifted the curtains draped over the window and looked outside, she could see the soldiers of the Imperial palace.

"So, here we are."

Florentia lowered the curtains again and looked straight ahead, sitting more upright.

After straightening her hair and dress which had become untidy for a while, she looked like a neat portrait.

In the meantime, her carriage passed through the main gate and reached Lamburgh Palace.

Riding in the carriage that was beautifully decorated by the gold that showed off it's dazzling brilliance under the glorious sunlight of the afternoon.

"We've arrived."

The carriage stopped and the coachman politely spoke.

"Florentia."

At that time, the carriage door opened and a handsome man greeted her.

"Pherez."

He kissed the back of her hand, after escorting her out of the carriage.

It was a kiss with a deep meaning that didn't hide the desire in his heart.

"Pherez!"

Florentia called out, but Pherez just smiled with his long eyelashes blinking.

"Let's go, everyone's waiting for you."

She pulled her hand out of his and moved away from the carriage.

Pherez, who laughed after seeing the tip of her ears blushing slightly, soon followed her back.

"There's no one in this Lamburgh Empire who can complain against you for making them wait, my Tia. You can walk a little slower."

The two have come a long way.

"As hard as it has been for you to come here, enjoy the moment."

After much perseverance and efforts, it was time to eat the sweet fruit of her hard work today.

"Yes. I've had a lot of trouble."

Florentia admitted plainly.

She had come a long way back. It's probably even hard to imagine.

She added in a small voice which no one could hear.

"But that doesn't mean I should be disrespectful."

It was a firm answer.

The woman pherez fell in love with from the moment he had laid eyes on her was a wonderful woman.

Pherez laughed with joy again.

Soon after, the two stood at the door of the closed banquet hall.

"Are you ready?"

At Pherez's question, Florentia nodded briefly.

"Then, shall we go in, Lord Lombardi."

He held his hand out to her.

"We shall, Your Highness, the Crown Prince."

A fine, pale hand held his hand together.

"Open the door."

Pherez briefly commanded the servant in front of him.

"His Highness, the Crown Prince and the Overlord, Florentia Lombardi have entered!" 

A voice came from behind the door, announcing the arrival and the status of the two people.

Florentia laughed, the voice sounded like music to her ears.

The door slowly opened, and the bright light of the banquet hall poured out through the gap.