chapter three

CHAPTER THREE:
HONOR THY FATHER

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BEING MOIRA Queen's secretary definitely wasn't easy and nor did it come without any faults, seeing you face and business plastered all over the city made it hard for one to hunt down a green hooded vigilante and avoid the police

That's why the blonde found herself escorting Oliver Queen into a courthouse, to do what? Legally bring himself back from the dead.

Her eyes were stuck on the side of his head, as he spoke, always carrying himself with a sense of confidence. "there was a storm. The boat went down. I was the only survivor."

"I almost died, I-I thought that I had, because I spent so many days on that life raft before I saw that island. When I reached it, I knew. I knew that I was gonna have to live for the both of us."

There was a pause and for a moment, it felt like everyone sitting in the court room held their breath, waiting for what could possibly fall from his lips now. What unsettling truth would spill out and shock the city, perhaps even more than the news about his miraculous return.

"And in those five years, it was that one thought that kept me going."

"Your Honor, we move to vitiate the death-in-absentia filed after Oliver's disappearance at sea aboard the Queen's Gamut five years ago. Unfortunately we will not be requesting that the declaration of death filed for the petitioner's father, Robert Queen, be rescinded. The Queen family is only entitled to one miracle, I'm afraid."

Aloisa exhaled heavily following the decision, she hadn't realised that she was one of those who had been holding their breath. For a minute, the blonde had actually found herself feeling bad for the rich brat that was Oliver Queen, the man that the city had once hated was now one of the pitied and one of the most watched men in the world.

Day in and day out, people watched the nightly news waiting to find out if the man's bravery was pure or maybe a façade. They waited to see that maybe the next headline read OLIVER QUEEN - PUBLIC MELTDOWN

It was an evil thing but maybe Aloisa was one of those people waiting for it to happen because only god knows what he truly went through on that island, isolated from people for five straight years. If it was her, she'd probably be dead by now.

"Now, onto the offices. Everyone is waiting to meet you there." Moira's words had her secretary glancing up from the itinerary, her jaw somewhat on the ground. 

"Uh, Mom, that was, uh...a little bit heavier than I was expecting it to be. Can we do that tomorrow? Please?" Oliver played his mother like a fiddle, putting on the puppy dog eyes and everything even softening his gaze as the worlds rolled like silk from the tip of his venomous tongue.

"Of course." 

"Thank you." He whispered back.

Aloisa was once again to hide the smirk that was aching to appear on her face and instead was forced to hide it behind a supporting smile and trail behind her boss mindlessly.