chapter one

CHAPTER ONE:
" PILOT "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE WORLD was a strange and dark mysterious place surrounded by superstitions and theories that could never be proved - there's always a pessimist or some sort of scientifically explanation for everything

THE WORLD was a strange and dark mysterious place surrounded by superstitions and theories that could never be proved - there's always a pessimist or some sort of scientifically explanation for everything. Still one question remains unanswered, where do the people you lose actually go?

Does heaven and hell actually exist or do the poor souls linger in the afterlife watching their loved ones live on without them?

That's the thought that remained as the latest headlines spread and they climbed the trending page on twitter, OLIVER QUEEN ALIVE! He was like a cockroach surviving some of the worst conditions a human would ever live in.

The hospital was flooded with paparazzi trying to get the first pictures of a resurrected Oliver Queen, they were all practically drooling fighting each other off but still they parted ways letting the sick through.

Moira Queen was in hysterics when she received the phone call, a loud cry emitting from her lips as tears full of joy fell from her eyes rolling down and over her cheeks.

Her new employee heard the cries and rushed to her aid, "is everything okay?" She was frantic, breathing heavily as she kicked her heels off and fell to her knees beside Moira.

"My son! He's alive!" There were parted gasps from the employees surrounding the office door, the queens gambit had gone down five years ago and there were no survivors or so everyone had believed.

Aloisa licked her lips trying to wet them and hesitantly pulled her boss into her arms, "would you like a r-ride to the hospital? Where is he?"

Moira gasped for air, "the hospital, please."

It wasn't long until the woman had reunited with her son, it was a tearful reunion and there was plenty of tears to go around.

Aloisa watched with a hand over her heart as Oliver's tough exterior fell the moment his eyes spotted Moira entering the room, she smiled weakly.

The bitter-sweet moment was ruined by a doctor breaking the silence and pulling Moira aside, Aloisa was awkwardly shoved into the room.

The blonde stared at the ground digging the toes of her shoes into the ground gnawing at her bottom lip relentlessly until a metallic like substance ghosted her taste buds.

Even from across the room, Oliver noticed the way her nose scrunched up and the way her eyebrows furrowed when something bothered her.

He didn't dare say a word, he wasn't ready to begin socialising right this moment unfortunately as if reading his mind, Aloisa did the exact opposite.

"Oliver, I'm Aloisa. I work with your mother..." he briefly glanced over his broad shoulders before turning to face her.

He manages a curt nod, "I figured that out on my own."

The cold words send whiplash Aloisa's way, her eyes widen drastically in shock and slight hurt.

She clears her throat and tucks her lip between her teeth, "you know, five years is a long time to fall off the grid - had everyone convinced you were dead."

Oliver chuckles sourly, "I didn't expect to be back in star city ever again."

The door swings open and the doctor returns with Moira who turns to her employee, "thank you for bringing me here to see my son, you can leave if you'd like."

Aloisa briefly make eye contact with Oliver before smiling weakly, "I'm glad you had a safe return home, I'll see you in the office."

Oliver watched as the door closed behind her retreating figure, he wasn't aware how unprepared he truly was and he had a feeling that he'd find out soon enough.

♧♧♧

OLIVER QUEEN was a household name before he climbed onto a yacht that would eventually sink and drift out into sea but now he was the only topic that anyone was interested in talking about.

Aloisa tightens the strap of her fingerless glove and flexes her fingers easing them into the leather, "are we ever going to hear about anything else?"

Daphne scoffed the strawberry flavoured stick of gum rolling around her mouth as she chewed on it obnoxiously, "better get used to it."

The blonde reached over hitting the button to change the table still Oliver Queen's name was there in large bold letters whilst news anchors sat at a table and brain stormed theories on his five year journey back home.

Aloisa clenched her jaw and returned her eyes to the fingerless gloves, she picked at the leather little bits of it getting stuck under her nail.

"Can we please just get this over with?" Daphne asked spitting the gum into the air and catching in her mouth once more.

Aloisa picked up a blade and slipped it into her belt.

"Let's go kick some ass."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( AUTHORS NOTE)

THIS IS PART ONE TO THE PILOT!

I apologise that I've kept you waiting so long and I promise that a second chapter will follow, until then.

Look out for any incoming books on my profile!