Facing The Bad Girl

The Poem mentioned later in this chapter

"Q, let's go." Reese's voice was firm, commanding almost. I shook my head. I was exhausted. The first week of school had been anything but basic. The first day we got syllabuses, but by the third day, we had already dove head first into the lessons. "Get dressed in those clothes, so we can go."

The weekend was finally upon us and I couldn't have been happier. My happiness quickly diminished the moment Reese barged into my house, speaking like he was possessed with the word 'party' on his tongue. I immediately tried to flee, but Reese was a former member of the track team.

"I really wanna stay home tonight."

"And do what?" I was silent. "You're just gonna lock yourself up in the room and wallow in self-pity. It is my job as you best friend to make sure it doesn't happen on my watch. So get your cute tush upstairs and change into the outfit I picked out." His voice got incredibly soft.

"Is my tush really cute?"

"The cutest tush I had the pleasure to view." He grinned as I grabbed the bag and proceeded upstairs.

There were sketchy items of clothing inside of the bag. Thigh high socks, chunky ten-inch heels, and a low-cut crop top were the most unsettling things. The only ray of light in that very very skimpy outfit was the pleated tennis skirt.

I came down the stairs twenty minutes later. Reese did waste time making himself comfortable. His body was sprawled out on the couch, a hand dipping in and out of a bag of chips. He sat up eyeing me.

"Well, it's not exactly what I pictured." He smirked his signature smirked. The only items I wore from Reese's slut bag was the pleated tennis skirt and the thigh high socks. I replaced the crop top with a regular t-shirt and the risky heels with plain sneakers. 

"Yeah well, I didn't want to dress like a prostitute." 

Reese drove to some dump on the outskirts of town. The place would have been considered nice if there weren't tons of drunken teens around. Once we entered the place, I regretted allowing myself to be dragged there.  Music blasted and sound waves shook the entire cabin.

  My arm linked with his as he guided me further into the house. A few people greeted me with looks of pity which I was used to. In the kitchen, there were bottles everywhere.  A clear tub was filled with fruit and a fluorescent green liquid. Reese's eyes lit up at the sight of it. 

"It's jungle juice." He yelled over the music. A red solo cup was placed in my hand.  

"I don't think I can have this." 

My best friend downed his without a word. His hand came up and tilted my cup until I began to drink it. The juice was sweet but made my mouth tingle. Reese poured us both more Jungle juice.