Well fuck.

She wasn't supposed to say that. She wasn't. Why did she say that? Well, the moment did seem just right for some heartfelt honesty... But she wasn't supposed to say that!

"[y/n]." [y/n] braced herself for impact, balling her hands into fists and staring wide-eyed at the ground. Why was she so stupid enough to confess if she wasn't ready for a rejection? Was she that hopeful and blinded by love?

"[y/n], look at me." Kunigami had stepped closer until he was within arm's reach. Reluctantly, she raised her gaze. "I like you, too." He was smiling this time, with that sight crinkle in the corner of his eyes. "And not in the 'I like you as a friend' way, but in the 'I like you more than a friend' way."

He said it. It was mutual. He liked her. He liked her of all people. The world seemed very starry. Blindingly white almost. [y/n] hoped she wasn't going to cry.

"W-Wow," she sputtered, blinking rapidly.

"Wow?" Kunigami repeated, puzzled.

"I didn't expect that. You're not joking, right?"

Kunigami chuckled. "Shouldn't I be asking you that? After all," he leaned forward. He's so close. "You were the one with the guts to tell me first."

[y/n] blushed. Really blushed. She couldn't hide her true feelings anymore after spilling her biggest ones yet.

"But let me do the honors of asking first." His eyes looked like they were about to devour her.

"Can I be your boyfriend?"

Oh. Oh.

[y/n]'s heart thumped loudly. She felt like one of the lava lamps she had seen on the Internet–soft bubbles floated and bounced inside her chest. At the same time she swore the blood rushing in her head sounded like waves crashing on the shore.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Kunigami smirked. "Who am I to refuse such a kind offer?"

This would probably turn out to be one of [y/n]'s most treasured moments in her life. She couldn't help but smile at Kunigami, her boyfriend. Boyfriend. That still had to sink in.

Kunigami cleared his throat. "Are you cold?"

"Huh?"

"Wear this." Before she could protest Kunigami unwrapped his own scarf and carefully tucked it around her neck. Shyly, she buried her face in it. It was warm, soft, and smelled like him.

"I'll be right back. Wait here."

Kunigami returned soon with two pink cartons in hand. "They didn't have cookies and cream milk."

[y/n] scoffed. "I don't like everything cookies and cream flavored. And come here." She tugged Kunigami's arm to direct him behind a wall but he reached for hand. [y/n] tried to ignore it. Every touch and even movement of his was electrifying.

[y/n] leaned against the wall sipping on the strawberry goodness. "What now?" With a confused glance from Kunigami she clarified, "How do we move forward as... a couple now?"

"You sound like we're in a corporate meeting."

"I was joking!" [y/n] bit down on her straw, pouting. "I've seen my share of romance. Don't underestimate me; I was just testing you."

Kunigami laughed. Her heart was traitorous as soon as she heard it. "I would never underestimate you. Believe me."

A comfortable silence ensued. [y/n] must have been thirsty because she quickly drained the contents of the carton. She fiddled around with it before she asked, "Did you know I liked you before I told you?"

"[y/n], you held my hands," Kunigami quirked an eyebrow.

"So? Everyone holds hands..." she trailed off, realizing that her argument was futile.

Kunigami squeezed his milk box and tossed it into a nearby trash can. "It'll be getting dark soon. Let me take you home."

"You don't have to–"

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't make sure my girlfriend got home safely? What if you got kidnapped and gobbled up by a tiger? We barely started dating..."

"Tigers are easy to tackle for someone like me," [y/n] shrugged. "Also, in case that does ever happen, I promise at least 25% of my possessions go to you."

"Call me greedy but I would rather have 100% of you right now."

[y/n] flushed. She was thankful the shadows of the nearby trees provided some much-appreciated darkness so Kunigami didn't see it. "Let's go."

I love him. I love him way too much.

a/n: to everyone who commented france is not a continent I LOVE YOU HAHAHAH i must be dumb as hell wtf 😭 anyway sorry for the massive cliffhanger. hope y'all enjoyed the rizz in this chapter. one last thing... i just realized there are so many blue lock stories now. maybe it's because of the anime's release? so happy i was able to contribute smth lol. (last chapter coming out in five years !!!!!!)