Prologue

"I'm only human,"

A sentence I always repeat to myself, or at least I've recently started to; since some weird things have  started  to happen with me...: Hearing strange noises, as if they're coming from another dimension, fangs hurting, body feeling so weak as if transforming into something else, something out of this world. Recently, every time I would touch something I'd feel every fiber of it in every cell of my body. And God only knows what it is...
All of these incidents keep bugging me and pushing me into believing one thing: Something supernatural is happening to me making me inhuman. That was my conclusion to all of this. As much as being supernatural is every child's fantasy, I can't. I can't deal with it, not just because I'm still normal, but because there are many problems and unfinished business in life and I'm not sure I can handle being anything else. Therefore, I can't leave my family especially after I lately have found out that I was adopted by my actual parents. I still can't find my biological parents in neither DNA nor family records, so I can't think of anything else other than finding them and getting to know them at least just a bit before I change into something else.
     Whenever I repeat that sentence, I feel Human again. I find it an easy way to take this crap out of my head, to make myself believe that supernatural beings don't exist, to stop saying that I could become one of them.