~TWO~

The train ticket read.

New York Rail Systems
Tulsa, Oklahoma
May 15, 1964
8:15 pm.

Today was the 14th. That gave me one day. I quickly walked down the sidewalk to Josh's house. Once I reached his house I propped up my suitcase against his house. I carefully stepped onto the top of the case using it as a boost up to his bedroom window. Once I got up I peered through the window. His room was neat with his bed to the right and a dest to the left.
I knocked on his window. No answer. He wasn't in his room. I slowly raised his window up enough so I could slip through. I hoisted my body up, knocking my suit case over in the process. Oh well. I swung my legs threw the window so I was completely in his room.  I sat on his bed crossing my legs. I started to pick at my cuticles when I heard footsteps steps coming to the door. I hope it's not his parents. The door swung open. Thanks gosh.

" Oh hey D, I didn't know you were coming over today." He said throwing his basketball bags to the ground. I can't believe he is still on that team. He threatens like everyone who gets to close to him!

He sat down next to me. " Hey , woah, woah, what's going on." He said. He wiped a tear from my cheek with his thumb.

I must have started to cry. " My mom's sending me to Oklahoma to live with my brother." I said crying. " Awe it's okay come here. I thought your brother was gone. Like gone, gone." he said. Him and Dallas never got along well for some reason.

He opened his arms out to me. I crawled over to him across the bed. I sat on his legs and hugged him. I shook my head. My head was in the crook of his neck while he softly brushed his fingers though my hair. " Can I see it?" He asked. I pulled back from the hug slightly. I reached into my pocket of my pants and pulled out the tickets. His hands were resting on my hips but left when I handed him the ticket. He read it carefully. " Tomorrow? That's it? I thought you would maybe leave next week!" He said curling his arms back around my hips.

We hugged for a minute or two until he broke the silence. " I should go shower, I just came back from basketball." He said.

" I can tell," I said scrunching my nose. He pushed me off of his lap so I fell backwards on his bed. " Hey! I was comfy!" I said in disbelief.

" Oh so you like straddling me huh?" He said smirking as he got up.

" Shut up that's not what I said. Don't flatter yourself." I said. He pulled off his shirt and threw it to the side. I picked up his pillow and threw it at him. But lucky for me he caught it! Of course! He wiped it back at me.  I got comfy on his bed laying on the pillow we had just tosted around his small room. He went into the bathroom that was connected to his room and started the water.
After only a few minutes, he came back out. He walked into his room with only a towel covering his lower half and his hair dripping wet. He had very strong arms and toned abs. I caught myself staring. I guess he did too.

" Here" he said. He took something off his desk and threw it at me. He threw me a camera. "Take a picture it will last longer."  I rolled my eyes. And jokingly, I took a photo. I waited for it to print and shoved it into my pocket. he snickered. He took clothes from his dressed and went back into the bathroom to change. I picked up one of the books on the floor.

" To kill a Mockingbird.... I didn't know you could read!" I shouted to him. He walked out with only shorts on. I looked him up and down.

" You like it?" He asked pointing to the book. He jumped into the bed next to me.

" Don't know. I never read it." I said. Throwing the book down next to me on the bed. I then looked him in the eyes.

" Keep it. You'll probably be bored tomorrow on the train" he said as he scooched closer to me.

" Thanks." Is all I said. He pushed a piece of hair from my face then softly rested his hand againsty jaw.  He stared at me for a few seconds.

" What?" I said laughing slightly.
" Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?'' he said smiling. He was reading my face like he was trying to read a difficult paragraph in a book over and over again.
" Sorry what?" I asked. He slowly leaned in and connected his lips with mine. I kissed back right away.  Let's just say it continued to get more and more heated.

I layed on his bed. His hand was tracing shapes on my back.
"I think I'm in love with you, Delaney"