𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

Începe de la început

When she had made the decision she had gone to Italy with much more excitement and thinking back on it now made her even more determined. She wants to talk to Pierre about all this. The practices were just ending so maybe she could go find him.

"Do you want a refill?" Grace's voice came out of the distance and Fayen needed a second to come back from her thoughts.

Fayen sits up and shakes her head, putting her glass down on the glass table. "No, I think I am going for a walk in the paddock." Grace's face is the picture of surprise when Fayen stands from her chair. She slings her bag over her shoulder and smiles. "I will text you before qualifying starts so I can find you. Are you going to Lando?"

Grace doesn't respond immediately, just staring at her friend in utter amazement.

"What?" Fayen chuckles and taps her friend's chin to signal that she should close her mouth that is hanging open.

Grace shakes her head, as to wake herself up and blinks a few times. "Fayen Gasly, taking a voluntary stroll through the paddock. On her own. On Saturday, after training, with press everywhere." She is still shaking her head in a dramatic way. "What other miracles exist in this world?"

Fayen gives her friend a shove with her hand, but she also knows Grace's surprise is valid. She has never enjoyed the paddock, but the weather was good, she had a good week and she wants to see her brother so she is trying. "Alright Ace, see you later."

With that she descends the stairs and walks into the paddock to make her way over to the back of the Alpine garage, expecting her brother to be somewhere around there. She spots the back of his head, hair still in a helmet coupe as she looks into the garage. He seems to be talking to one of the mechanics so Fayen waits patiently outside for him to come out.

"Are you spying on me now?" He hugs her so tightly, in that way only a sibling can.

Fayen lets out a disgruntled noise as she gets squashed by her brother's sweaty body. "For what team could I be a spy?"

"McLaren," he shrugs with a cheeky grin. "Maybe you have switched to the dark side of the paddock."

Fayen makes an over exaggerated thinking expression at that, which earns her a shove from the Alpine driver. She laughs at him and throws her hands up in defence. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I could never support another team than the one you're on. It's called blood loyalty."

He narrows his eyes at her and points his finger almost in her nose. "And remember it." Fayen reacts with the most innocent smile, before she ruffles her brother's already messy hair.

"I was actually looking for you to talk about some stuff, but now I realise maybe before qualifying isn't the best time." Pierre's face immediately shoots into seriousness and worry. His eyes scan Fayen's body and face, landing on her eyes searching for answers. "Nothing bad, I swear!" She says quickly with a laugh and Pierre relaxes a little, but is still weary. "I just think a good sibling talk is long overdue." Her laugh dissolves into a small smile trying to get her brother convinced.

Pierre has always been the overprotective brother. One of the many reasons he didn't argue with Fayen's decisions about not being in the public eye of the paddock a lot. He always has her back, ever since she came into the world. Not that she has always accepted that. As children they had been inseparable, but they were polar opposites in some form and when Pierre's carrier took off the two barely talked. Not talking morphed into fighting in their teen years and if it hadn't been for Antoine's accident Fayen isn't sure that they would have ever been close again. But the brother-sister dynamic could never really change, even when Fayen pushed him away as hard as she could and Pierre ignored her all he wanted; their bond was never fully gone.