Chapter 9 • Traveler

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

_________________________________

The male now known as Scaramouche let out a laughter that sounded disturbing and terrifying.

Suddenly he threw something on the ground. Smoke surrounded you and you couldnt see anything. You felt two people hold your arms you were guessing that they were fatui agents.

______________________________
Y/n pov:
______________________________

Two arms were holding me making sure i wasnt able to escape or attack. The smoke was so thick and i was having a hard time breathing.

I heard Scaramouche's voice right infront of me yet i still couldnt see him, he said "We will meet again, i promise."

I dont know what he meant by that.. sure i understand the part that im gonna see him again but why? Why will i see him again? Is there any reason for it..?

I felt the people restraining me let go and the smoke was beginning to clear up.

When the smoke was all gone i noticed that Scaramouche along with his followers had disappeared. But the good thing is that the power sheild also had disappeared.

You ran up to your friends and lectured them.

"What were you guys thinking?! Fighting a fatui harbinger and a high ranked one at that! Are you guys insane?!

_________________________________
Authors pov:
______________________________

They others were overjoyed that you werent injured, especially Xiao but he had another reason aswell.

In many years he had protected liyue and its people from danger, but now suddenly he wasnt they one protecting people. You were, and the most schocking thing was that you protected him!

'you protect people when. You care about them.. so does mean...that you loved me aswell y/n?!' Xiao though feeling the blush creep up in his cheek as a small smirk appeared.

(He's a little delulu😭)

Xiao admired you for protecting him but he didnt dare to admit it. He had a cold and dangerous reputation! He couldnt just be all soft and nice all of a sudden!

_________________________________
Y/n pov:
______________________________

Venti jumped on me and gave you a huge hug with crocodile tears coming out of his eyes.

"Y/N YOUR OKAY! I was so worried that you would get hurt or something!" He said still hugging you.

Zhongli was trying to get venti off of me but he refused to let go.