Part 5

"So, now what?" Earth asked the obvious question.

Mix rolled his eyes and gestured toward the storybook character come-to-life. "Well, maybe we should figure out how to get Phupha back in the book where he belongs." He touched Earth's arm and let his hand linger there.

Phupha looked at both of them. "What if I'm stuck here."

Earth said, "We will find a way. You belong with Tian. He is waiting for you."

Phupha began to pace back and forth across the room.

Earth said, "Mix, what if you 'un-wish' him? You know, wish really hard for him to go back to his own love?"

"Okay, I can try." Mix scrunched up his face, shut his eyes, and sent a wish to the universe. 'Please take him home. Please Universe? I didn't mean to cause this. I want Phupha to be with his love. He's not mine.'"

"Obviously that didn't work." Phupha's sarcastic voice broke Mix's concentration.

"Mix, are you sure you want him to go home?" Earth brushed his hand through Mix's hair, trailed it down his arm, and linked their fingers together.

Mix's voice rose an octave, "Of course I'm sure! I wouldn't have kissed you if I wasn't sure. I don't know why it isn't working."

Earth said, "Okay, okay, calm down. I believe, no we believe you." He gestured between Phupha and himself.

Phupha paused and snorted, "Speak for yourself."

Mix turned and stared at him defiantly. "What do you mean 'speak for yourself?' Of course, I want you to go home!"

Phupha rolled his eyes and continued his pacing.

"Alright, alright," Earth dragged Mix a few feet to the gray couch and sat them both down.

Mix cuddled in and rested his head on Earth's shoulder. He wasn't used to Earth being the calm one, but in this moment he was grateful for the steady energy coming off of him, no matter what title they had now.

"What do we do?" He asked Earth and was met with silence.

He followed Earth's gaze and watched Phupha pace back and forth from one end of the room to the other.

"What if we? No, that won't work." Phupha paused and then continued walking. "We could! No, no."

Earth said quietly to himself, "Mix was asleep when you appeared?"

"What was that?" Both Phupha and Mix spoke in unison.

Earth said louder, "Mix, weren't you asleep when Phupha appeared?"

Mix hesitated, "Yes."

"Were you dreaming?"

"Maybe." Mix pouted at Earth.

"What were you dreaming about?"

"I don't remember?" Mix looked between Phupha and Earth.

"Mhm, sure you don't. Spill it," Earth said.

Mix chose his words carefully, "Well, in my dream I may or may not have been...."

Earth raised one eyebrow, waiting."May or may not have been?"

"TianinbedwithPhuphasnuggling," Mix said in a rush.

"Come again?"

"I said, I may or may not have been Tian snuggling in bed with Phupha in my dream."

"Your cheeks and ears are very red." Amusement was written all over Earth's face.

"Yeah, well." Mix was at a loss.