01: Nook in the Corner

The dawn of spring was near but the cold air would say otherwise. The young winged hero lands and pull his coat up to shield him from the tormenting winds.

He sighs and looked at the only lit place in the night. It was a beacon of a night's mystery he would have lost in the day, but here it stands out. It was an open cafe, empty and warm. It called to him.

He entered.

Jingle.

"Hello! Welcome to Hiro's Helix cafe; what would you like?" A girl asks turning to the new customer that entered her cafe. Her eyes widen at the sight of a famous hero before she broke into a closed-mouth smile. Hawks gave her his famous laid-back smile and a slight wave.

Hawks found the Barista very cute, like those beautiful female leads in romance dramas. The second thing he noticed was her dimples, a rare sight. She's like a desert flower, gorgeous and one in thousands of scarce plants.

"I would like a Mocha," the pro said with a low hum as he gazes at the board menu. She looked down with a smile, Hawks has a very nice voice.

"Of course, dear," she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and looked at the hero through her lashes, "anything else?" She asks voice filled with honey.

"I'm surprised a cafe is open this late," he chuckles, it was a true surprise for him. It was nearly 10 pm and most places were closed down, this wasn't Tokyo after all.

"It's open 24 hours," she answers with a light tone. He let out a long whistle and put his hands in his pockets. He looked at her again.

"Are you a model?" He asks tilting his head to the side with a knowing smile.

"No."

"No?" His eyes widen, "you have the looks to be a supermodel." She looks up arching a brow before smirking.

"So do you," she purrs. Hawks smiles before the conversation fell again.

This cafe truly is a beautiful place. It is the definition of aesthetic beauty, half-witch cottage, and flower fairy vibes. It wasn't his aesthetic, but it truly fits the girl before him, she had cast a spell over him.

"Here you go, sweetheart," she hands the coffee over. His lips twitch at her words, he couldn't tell if she was flirting with him or not.

"Thank you," he looked at her name tag and back to her eyes, "Ms. Gojo."

"Please, call me [reader], Ms. Gojo makes me feel... like my grandmother." She swats her hand back in forth. Hawks' found himself smiling, he didn't expect her to be so open. His shoulders relax as he takes a sip of his hot drink.

"Of course, [reader]," he flashes her a smile.

"This is amazing," he smiles. It was rich in flavor and he could easily drink five more cups.

"I'm glad you like it," she chuckles seeing the joy in his eyes.

"I've never had Mocha taste like this."

"I'm glad you like the blend, I created it myself." Hawk's heart darts to her wide and shocked.

"Really?" [reader] laughs before nodding.

"You like it?"

"I love it!" Hawks cheers before taking a few more sips of pure heaven.

"Do you own this cafe?"

"I co-own it with a friend." She smiles her dimples deepening with her wider smile. Hawks notes her sharp little fangs when she smiles, it made her look like a vampire.

"Cute fangs." He hums.

"Pretty wings." She flirts.

"A young beautiful business owner, how impressive." 

"Says the man who owns his own hero agency." Hawks flash a flattered smile at her. 

The closer he looked the more he fell for those dimples. His eyes slightly widen. She had two sets of dimples. The normal cheek dimples just outside of her smile lines and as her smile widens she had dips under her eyes. Two sets of dimples, they fit her so well.

"How can I compare to a hard-working beauty running an entire business on her own?" He coyly hums.

"How do I compare to a young handsome man who's number 3?" She coyly asks back. His smile grew, she was very humble... or a tease; either way he liked it.

[reader] caught a whiff of his cologne, it clearly screams money with its subtle tones, that seem to linger in the air. It hung low and dominant. It fits him. Even with the nice cologne, she could smell his natural scent. It wasn't offensive to smell.

"You're a delightful sight to see on this boring shift." Hawks froze before he felt himself smirking. [reader] has a tongue of silver, she really knows how to make people feel special.

"I'm honored," he gives the same flirtatious reply. His head turns to follow her figure as she moves from behind the counter. He looked her up and down before feeling his smile growing wider.

She had a nice figure, and that apron was doing God's work. His mind wonders about her. For now, as long as he's in this cafe, he'll indulge in his desires. 

She collected the trash left by past customers. [reader] wasn't as nieve as she looked, she knew. This young bird of prey was eyeing her with such intensity, if she was a few years younger she might've blushed at his bold audacity.

"[reader]," a new voice calls out. A man in his mid-30s appears, he was short and had a permanent expression of annoyance carved in his features.

"Yu," she smiles. The way she call that man's name made Hawks long to hear his being called with the same sultry affectionate tone.

"I'll take over now, go study for your exam," Yu said as he pick up his own apron.

"You're a student?" Hawks turn to her surprised.

"Yes," she hums as she removes her apron.

"A wonderful business owner and student how ambitious of you," Hawks states with a smile. [reader] giggles and brushes past him. In her wake, the light scent of wisteria left to seduce him.

Hawks didn't know what to expect, but the scent of wisteria oddly fit her. It was gentle but very domineering. From all the women he has interacted with Hawks had never smelled a perfume as commanding as [reader]'s.

"You flatter me, boy," she said. His mind caught on the way she called him boy, he clearly was older but maybe she's one of those kind to call men boys. Was this another tease?

Hawks study [reader] she held herself with silent confidence, confidence that flattery words could not mark up. She smiles and giggle but he could tell she wasn't phased by his words, she was a game. She did not blush from his compliments or the intense gaze he shows her. I like to see her blush.

"But let's not forget, compared to you my ambitious is a grain of sand on a sandy beach." She bats her eyelashes at him. Hawks smirked, she had a way with words.

"Stay as long as you like, but I have to get going." She turns to the hero, as she picks up her bag.

"See you, Yu," she said waving before leaving the cafe. The door clicked behind [reader] as she breathed in the chilly night air. The cold did not agree with her, but tonight she felt alive.

Jingle.

She turns around to the hero walking out and standing a few feet behind her. In one hand his coffee, he let out a breath, it tumbles before dissipating only leaving the scent of coffee. [reader] gaze into his sharp golden eyes, they were calling to her.

"Will you be here tomorrow," he asks, his face serious.

"Of course," she smiles, deliberately tilting her head.

"I like to talk to you more." He smiles.

"I'm here every day, hero."