CHAPTER 16

" Envelope .... which one ? " Annie sat thinking . 

"She is talking about Siddhu 's gift " Sid reminded . 

"Oh that ....that was our honeymoon tickets " Annie blurted out and instantly regretted as she did not want to divulge anything so private in front of her students. But now she was caught in her own words . Seeing her reddened face , Sid immediately held her hand and smiled at her . 

"Come on tell them where we went " Sid urged her to speak more about the trip . 

"Well ....we went on a Europe tour . Since it was winter , the weather was terrific . First was Germany . Berlin is a beautiful city guys  . We stayed there for a week , visiting local villages nearby . If you go to Germany ...Rothenburg ob der Tauber and Luebeck is a must visit . Then very reluctantly  we flew to England , Scotland and Ireland . Every place was more mesmerizing than the other. And then we came back . Many places are still left to visit but something came up and we had to cut the trip short . " Annie said with a sad smile . 

"Where did you like like the most ma'am ?" Shruti who was awed  asked again . 

"I am yet to visit it .... I want to go to Paris ." Annie said shyly . 

"Actually I am at fault .. I have been planning this trip since our cancelled trip but every year some thing or the other is coming in the way . I wanted it to be a surprise but since the topic has come out ....." Sid chuckled and gave a mischievous smile . 

Annie who knew Sid like the back of her hand caught what he wanted to say even before the words left his  mouth . "Don't tell me ....don't tell me .... don't tell me " Annie kept repeating to which Sid only nodded while the rest just gaped at them unable to make head or tail of what was going on . In a second Annie was hugging Sid ."Thank you , thank you , I love you ." Annie said forgetting the audience , bringing a blush on Sid's face . Every one except Rohit smiled knowingly . Here Rohit's heart clenched hearing Anusuiya expressing her love . 

"What happened Ma'am ? You look so happy .." Rohit unable to control his emotions any longer asked .

" Nothing much , we are just going to Paris " Annie replied with a wide smile 

"Huh? When ? For how long ? " The friends had all sorts of questions . 

" I don't know .... Sid when are we going ? " Annie faced Sid who was still side hugging her .

" On the second of January , we fly to Paris . A week there before going to Italy and Switzerland . We can extend the stay if you want to go to Greece or Netherlands ... I didn't cut the return tickets . It's a sorry for last time . This time I am your slave ...we will do whatever you want . Ok ? " Sid said to Annie ,knowing so well how happy this trip will make his Annie . He had been too busy the past couple of years , busy to make his foothold strong in the industry . To make his  own name without relying on his family name . His hard work has finally paid off . He was ranked the #1 architect of India in the recent survey . But in the process he had compromised his quality time with his love and life . Now was the time to make it up.

 Annie had been amazing when his Dad had a stroke while they were in Ireland . Siddhu had called to inform about the surgery and also added that there was no need to cut the trip short as he was there . For once it came to his mind not to tell Annie . In dilemma Sid had reached his room , only to find Annie packing with tears in her eyes . 

"Annie ...what are you doing ? Why are you crying ?"Sid had asked not knowing that Annie had overheard his phone call with Siddhu . 

" How can we enjoy here when Dad is undergoing surgery ? Even if we continue our trip , will we be happy ?We will constantly worry about him . Isn't it better to be with Maa and Siddhu bhai now ? Also... France is not shifting to the moon in the near future , we can always visit it later ." Annie said only thinking about her father in law . They had taken the first flight available . Sid was surprised when Annie requested him not to talk to her during the flight and more surprised when Annie recited the Hanuman chalisa a hundred times during their journey back home . 

The surgery had gone well and Mr. Dutta was out of danger when they reached Delhi . 

"I am truly lucky to have Annie . She is so childish and impulsive yet so mature . She deals with the most difficult situations with so much ease and calm that I wonder sometimes ...is this truly my Annie. The most amazing thing is that my parents and brother loves her more than me. Gosh !  I am so jealous. " Sid said complaining . 

"How can anyone not love Anusuiya after knowing how incredible she is ..." Rohit thought . 

"Oh come on ...my mother calls you every day but calls me once a week ...so cruel " Annie said pouting . Seeing her face and pouting lips both Sid and Rohit wanted to claim those plump red lips . Rohit instantly blushed at the thought whereas Sid thought when he would get his wife alone . 

"So now you all have seen the ground , first and second floor with the terrace , now remains the basement  and staff quarters . Come let's see those" Sid invited . 

"What is in the basement Sir ?" Asked Gaurav 

" Mostly it is the underground garage but it also has the cold storage , wine cellar and Annie's work station . Come let's go there " Sid said and led the way . 

*******************************************************************************************

Hello  everyone , 

If you have come this far I salute you . Seems you have a lot of patience to bear with my irregularities . I will try to be more regular now that only a couple of chapters are left . Then I am thinking of the sequel of TIED FOREVER . Keeping my fingers crossed so that a fresh story line makes its way . 

Goodnight

Disha