𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐄.

Start from the beginning

Eating at the mall always hit different.

"Thank you," she smiled as the two of them sat down, Arion on her right and Kevin sitting in front of him.

"This shit better not be ass," Kevin grumbled, opening his box.

"Yeah, okay, that's why you got three pieces of meat in 'yo shit," Khadijah laughed, Arion slid her bottle of apple juice in front of her and she thanked him quietly. "Forreal though, can't I just pick my own outfit for the video? You acting like I'on got clothes, Kevin." Khadijah said pointedly, shoving a spoonful of bourbon grilled chicken into her mouth alongside some fried rice.

"Kay does this shit all the time man, nigga thinks he some type of fashion designer," Arion grinned, popping open his coca-cola can. "Just let him do his thing. Shit, he helped me with my closet too." He shrugged.

"Trust the process," Kevin mumbled as he munched on some Shanghai noodles, "by the way, don't you gotta get your hair done and shit?"

"What's wrong wit' ha hair?" Arion asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Nah, just—don't girls be doing that shit? Getting their hair done? Nails done? Isa was talking to me the other day 'bout some nail appointment she had scheduled this week or sumn." Kay clarified.

"I mean, I guess I could get my hair done," Khadijah murmured, touching her braids absentmindedly. They did look a little fuzzy now—she supposed it was time for a new hairstyle.

"Okay, fine, I'll go all out for this—just one time. I have some money saved up from my allowance." Khadijah decided. She hadn't gotten all dolled up in a long time—maybe she could ask Lauren to help her scour for new makeup to spruce up her supply, along with ideas for what to do with her hair. She shoved more fried rice into her mouth, contemplating silently as Kevin and Arion dived into a conversation about the setup for the music video.

Khadijah stepped out of the Uber at the Airbnb where they'd be shooting the music video. According to Kevin, it was more of a party scenario, and thus he'd selected a more calm and casual fit for her. What really shocked her the most was when Arion dropped by while Lauren was helping her get ready with a black Christian Dior satchel bag.

Her jaw had dropped to the floor.

He didn't stay for long, though—just sat there and watched for a bit as she applied her highlighter and blush to her cheeks before dipping, kissing her forehead before he went. He'd playfully tugged on her hair as well—twenty-eight inches of Brazilian straight hair that her aunt had picked out. He stared at her thoughtfully for a moment.

"Yeah, I like it," he'd said before he left, smirking at her.

"I'm outside." Khadijah said, speaking into her phone. "You guys here?"

"We all here already, I'm sending Blu to get you, aight?"

Hanging up the phone, Khadijah barely waited a minute before the door to the luxurious house was thrown open. Blu stood there, dressed in a blue hoodie and some black Amiri jeans and white forces on—eyes half-lidded and red.

"Oh nah, you gotta go home and change, wifey," Blu joked as he let her walk in past him, "you look too good right now."

"Thanks, Blu, you look good too," Khadijah laughed, sliding her phone into her new purse, "where's Dougie?"