After we spend about an hour in the bookshop, Mattheo told me it was time to go to the next place. 'Where are we going now?' I asked him in the hope he would tell me, eventhough I could already guess what his response would be. 'It's a surprise.' I rolled my eyes at his statement and walked over to Thomas how was just coming out of the back again. 'Mattheo just told me we have to go, but I wanted to tell you it was nice meeting you, Thomas, and I can't wait to come back here soon. You have a really beautiful shop.' 'Thank you, Y/N. It was nice meeting you too and it's nice to know that there's someone out there who can bring genuine happiness to Mattheo's eyes.' I turned around to look at Mattheo, who got distracted by a book he found on one of the shelves. 'What do you mean, Thomas?' I asked before returning my eyes to his. 'You know about Mattheo's father right?' 'Yes...' 'Well, eventhough I have never seen them together, I know that there's a sadness and loneliness deep inside Mattheo, because of his father. I can see it in his eyes everytime he's here. But, today... I didn't see any of that. I just saw happiness in his eyes and you're the reason. I'm glad he found you, because he deserves some happiness in his life.' 'He really does...' I responded with a hint of sadness in my voice. It was really nice to hear that Mattheo looked happy with me, but it hurt me to hear Thomas can always see sadness and loneliness in Mattheo's eyes. Out of nowhere I felt a arm around my waist. 'Are you ready to go, love?' Mattheo asked me. 'Yes, goodbye Thomas.' 'Goodbye, guys.' Thomas said, before Mattheo and I left his shop. 

We were walking for a while again, when we ended up at the Forbidden Forest. 'What are we doing here, Mattheo?' I asked a bit nervously. Something about the Forbidden Forest always made me a bit jumpy. 'I want to show you my other favourite place to go. It's not that far into the forest and I'm with you, so nothing is going to happen. The forest has a bad name, but is nothing to be scared about during the day. It's a wonderful place with an amazing mix of creatures and animals.' 'Okay.' I was still feeling a bit hesitant about going into the forest, but Mattheo extended his hand for me to grab and it made all my fears go away. He led me through the forest towards a tiny open field surrounded with vines hanging of the trees. The sun shone through the vines and made the tree in the middle of the field light up beautifully. 'Wow.' I whispered underneath my breath. 'I know, right?' I heard Mattheo whisper back. 'This is... oh my gosh... this is absolutely stunning.' 'Come on, love.' Mattheo walked in front of me and sat down against the tree in the middle. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. 'Dare I ask how you found this place?' I was still admiring the view around me. 'On one of the first days of school, I went out into the forest. I was thinking a lot and I needed a quiet space that nobody knew of and nobody would go to. I walked for a while in the forest, when I found this spot. It immediately grabbed my attention and I knew I had found my place for when I needed to be alone.' 'It's gorgeous... But, if you wanted this to be a place that nobody knew about, why did you show it to me?' 'Because, I wanted to share it with you. If there was ever a person I wanted to share this place with, it would be you.' I turned my head towards Mattheo and saw him staring at me with admiration. 'Mattheo...' I started, but I stopped talking once I noticed how close our face were. I could feel Mattheo's breath on my lips and I saw some gold specks in the brown of his eyes, that I had never noticed before. Slowly we moved even closer to eachother. Mattheo's eyes dipped towards my lips, before he removed the distance between us and placed his lips on top of mine. It was a soft kiss, but it was a kiss none the less. Mattheo slowly pulled his head back and leaned his forehead on mine with his eyes closed. 'I have wanted to do that for so long.' He said, still with his eyes closed. 'Then why didn't you do it sooner?' I asked. Mattheo opened his eyes and smirked a bit. 'Because, I wanted the moment to be perfect. And I guess it is now. But, maybe we can make it even more perfect.' 'How would we do that?' I asked him with a smile. 'Like this.' And before I knew it, his lips were back on mine. This time it was more passionate and for a moment I forgot where we were, because it was just Mattheo and me now. No Forbidden Forest, no friends back at Hogwarts, who were probably all wondering where we were, no worries about assignments still needing to be finished, just him and me. Mattheo pulled his head back again and all I could say was: 'Wow.' Cliché, I know, but he fogged up my brain. 'So, this is your idea of a perfect moment?' I asked him. 'Almost.' I raised my eyebrow at Mattheo, before he spoke again. 'Y/N, as you may have noticed the last couple of weeks, I like you and I think you like me too.' 'What made you think that?' I said while chuckling a bit. 'Who wouldn't like me?' Mattheo said trying to be serious, but not being able to contain his smile. 'Maybe Filch, but he doesn't like anybody.' I joked. 'Hey! I can make Filch like me, if I wanted to.' 'Sure, you can Mattheo.' 'Okay, that doesn't matter, love. I wanted to ask you something.' 'Sorry, go ahead.' I smiled at him, hoping that he would ask me something I've been waiting on for a while now. 'Y/N, would you want to be my girlfriend?' OH MY GOD! IS THIS HAPPENING?! YES THIS IS HAPPENING. Okay, relax Y/N and answer Mattheo. 'I would love to.' I said with the biggest smile ever. 'Good.' Mattheo smiled even bigger, before kissing me again. 

We spend about another half hour after that kiss just talking and being together, before we decided to go back to Hogwarts, since it was already time for dinner. We quickly made our way to the Great Hall, where our friends were already sitting at one of the tables. We sat down next to them and I got immediately bombarded with questions by Pansy. 'So, what did you do? Where did you guys go? How was it? Did you enjoy it?' 'Pansy, please breathe.' She took a deep breath. 'Good, now, we went to a bookshop at Hogsmeade first and afterwards we went to the lake where talked for a while, before coming back here.' It was a bit of lie to tell her we went to the lake, but Mattheo wanted to keep his place a secret, so I wasn't going to tell Pansy about it in the middle of the Great Hall. And about the kiss and the girlfriend part, I'm going to tell her. I just want it to be in our dormroom, so I can give her all the details, without Theo, Draco and Blaise staring at me. 'And what did you guys do today?' I asked the group. Everyone started to give the details of their own days and stopped focusing on Mattheo's and my day. I looked over at Mattheo, while the others were rambling, and I couldn't stop smiling about the fact I can now call him my boyfriend. 

Once we finished dinner, we all walked back to the commonroom. Right after we walked through the door, Pansy pulled me away on my arm. 'Pansy, slow down, what's wrong?' 'Tell me the truth. What happened between you and Mattheo? And don't even try to play dumb with me, because we both saw how you couldn't stop smiling at him during dinner.' 'You got me, Pans. We didn't just talk at the lake. Hell we weren't even at the lake. We were someplace else, Mattheo's quiet place somewhere in the Forbidden Forest. But, don't tell anyone I told you that, because he wants to keep that place a secret.' 'Okay, what happened in the forest?' 'We sat down against this tree in this amazingly gorgeous field and... he kissed me.' 'WHAT?! BABE, HE KISSED YOU?!!' 'Yes, and he asked me to be his girlfriend.' 'BABE!!!!! NO WAY!!!! What did you say? You said yes right? Ofcourse you did... right?' 'Yes, I said yes. Ofcourse I said yes!' 'Oh my god, babe! I'm so happy for you!' Pansy exclaimed before pulling me in the tightest hug ever. 'Thank you, Pans.' 'Okay, let's get you back to your boo.' And with that she pulled me back to the commonroom by my hand, where she handed my hand to Mattheo. Mattheo looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I shrugged my shoulder, before he pulled me down to the couch, to sit next to him. He layed his arm over my shoulder and I relaxed against his side. 'Took you guys long enough.' Blaise said. 'Yeah, you guys took way too long. But, I'm happy for you two.' Draco added. 'Thank you.' I responded. I looked over at Theo, who hadn't said anything yet. He looked a bit irritated at Mattheo, but once he noticed me looking at him he put on a smile. 'You guys will be great together.' He said. I don't know why, but something in me doubted if he was being honest. I just don't know why. But, before I could think more about Theo, I got pulled closer by Mattheo and all my worries disappeared, because now I was with the person I had secretely wanted to be with for a while. 

BetrayalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara