"It's just a headache, Cara."

"Didn't you take medicine an hour ago?" I asked her confuse.

"Yeah, but it was a small dosage, I'm gonna take another once we're home."

I kept quiet till we reached her place.

As soon as we enter inside, the familiar feeling came rushing back along with my memory of this house. It was my turn to smile weakly.

"My meds are in my bathroom upstairs."  Alex said while walking up the stairs.

"Aren't you coming?" She continued and stopped mid-stairway.

I walk towards the stairs and followed her.

When she opened her bedroom door, my nostrils were filled with her intoxicating scent. I even closed my eyes to savour it.

"Have a seat please." Alex put her bag on the stool at the end of her bed and went to the bathroom.

"Why don't we talk downstairs, you know, where there are chairs or a couch?" I yelled for her to hear me.

Staring at her bed, where I share kisses with her was bringing flutters to my stomach and I am starting to feel hot.

"What did you say?" Alex emerged with the medicine bottle in her hand. She took two pills and brought them into her mouth and grabbed the water bottle on her side table taking her medicine.

"I said, let's talk downstairs where there's a place to sit." I repeated.

"What's wrong with my bed?" She asked genuinely confused and stared into her bed.

"Do you seriously think we can talk in your bed?" I asked her.

"Yes, why? Are you thinking of doing something else?"

My eyes widened looking at her.

"No! I just feel like, it's not comfortable to talk here... in your bed, I mean, I want to lay my back against something, like the back of the chair..."

"Lay your back against my headboard or... lie down if you want."

"What? No! I'm not gonna lie down on your bed!" I almost screamed.

Alex let out a soft laugh.

"Relax, Cara, I'm just teasing you..." 

"Hey! Hey! Are you okay?" I rushed to go and hold Alex as she seem to lose her balance. She almost fell and bang her head on the bathroom door jamb.

"I just... I suddenly felt a little dizzy." 

I held Alex's waist while my other arm is holding hers, she put her other arm on my shoulder as I guide her to sit on her bed.

"You should lie down." I told her. 

She did not resist when I helped her lie down on her bed.

"Should we go to the clinic?" I asked her worriedly when she was settled on the bed.

"Mmm-Mmm." Shaking her head. 

"I'll be fine, I just got tired maybe." 

"Are you sure?" I know worries written across my face as Alex sweetly smiled at me and to my surprise, she caresses my face with her hand.

"I'll be fine, Cara. I'm sorry if I'll be postponing our talk, I don't think I can..."

"Shhhh." I cut her off.

"It's okay, you rest, we can talk another time."

Alex smiled at me before closing her eyes. I waited a few minutes before standing up and gathering my things.

I took a last glance at her before disappearing completely.

As I walk down the stairs, I remembered the time when she was injured and I stayed with her for a couple of days helping her and stuff.

Maybe I should stay just till she wakes up, to see if she'd feel better after resting, or maybe would need something.

I ended up staying, I napped on the couch and when I woke up, I decided to go to the kitchen and see if she has something I can cook.

From the looks of the inside of her fridge, I can definitely tell, she doesn't cook, like at all. It was almost empty.

There's a carton of orange juice, milk, there's cheese, two pieces of apples which I think were old, a maple syrup. I checked her freezer, there's only ice in it. Her chiller is empty.

No wonder she's sick.

I went back to the couch and grabbed my purse.

She wouldn't mind if I use her car, right?

I grab her keys and left. I thought I'd make a quick run to the grocery store nearby and buy something.