Chapter 23: Maturity Matters

Magsimula sa umpisa

Natasha breathed a sigh of relief, “Do you think they will really hunt us?”

Steve shrugged, “I’m not sure, i think if we stay out of the public eye we can probably live normally.”

Natasha looked at him with concern, “Do you think you can actually do that? It’s not in your nature to hideaway, could you turn your back on the world if it was in danger?”

“We will deal with it as when it occurs,” replied Steve diplomatically, “Hopefully Tony will sort it before then.”

“Are you sure Tony is working for us? Things did all end a bit sour.”

Steve grimaced, “he still knows what is right, i think it’s best that Wanda doesn’t know what happened in Siberia.”

“I agree,” said Natasha. “It will just confuse her. Good work with her earlier though, you even got her to apologise.”

Steve smiled, “I just reasoned with her, she is very similar to you. If i didn’t know any better I would say she is biologically yours.”

Natasha smirked, “That’s what Clint and Laura said as well.”

“Come on we better go check on her.”

……………………………………………………….
Writing lines wasn’t incredibly taxing, though she made sure she was writing in her best cursive. Wanda wasn’t sure why she was being so careful with it, but with every stroke of the pen she felt herself feeling better. Though a small modicum of guilt remained in the pit of her stomach, she knew how angry they would be that she left the campus. Ignorance is bliss, she justified it in her head by thinking she would not do it again. Wanda honestly hadn’t considered the danger of her actions, and it was only Natasha’s words that made her realise it. That in itself concerned the witch she was street smart. Growing up during a war meant she was savvier than most, had she forgotten those skills? Was living with pseudo parents making her soft.

Wanda put the pen down, as her mind spun with thoughts. Natasha reentered the kitchen, and started to cook dinner, putting some pasta onto the boil before turning to face the witch.

“How are you getting on?”

Wanda looked up from the paper and picked up her pen again, “I’m nearly done, Just a couple more left.”

Natasha moved over to the fridge and retrieved the tomatoes and basil, and started to chop them up to make the sauce.

Wanda scrunched her nose up, “Are we having pasta again? Can’t we have something more eastern European?”

Natasha laughed under her breath, “We are going to need to ease Steve in gently, he’s a Brooklyn boy.”

“Americans,” Wanda muttered under her breath with disdain.

“Hey watch it you!” joked Steve. He glanced over to Natasha, “white or red?”

Natasha looked thoughtful for the moment, “red, will go better with Pasta.”

He grabbed the bottle opener out of the drawer and started attempting to coax the cork out of the bottle.

“Can I have some?” asked Wanda.