Chapter 15: Teenage Kicks

The days bled into weeks and into months. A certain monotony had filled their lives as they carried out their day to day business. Wanda found the routine oddly comforting; training, school work, family dinners and the occasional mission. She was still surprised Natasha even allowed the odd mission, she was so overprotective it bordered on obsessive. Wanda had gotten used to it now, and knew it was easier for everyone if she just accepted it. Natasha and Steve had gone from strength to strength, he had practically moved in with them. Wanda didn’t really mind, he was a gentleman and he never seemed to mind when Wanda slipped into the bed with them.

She was also happy that she had won the school argument. Natasha had conceded to letting her do the GED rather than attend an actual school. It allowed her to go at her own pace, though there was some pushing by Natasha and Tony to make sure she didn’t rest on her laurels. Wanda was keen to point out to them that unlike her American counterparts she was actually a polyglot. As far as she was concerned the European education system was significantly better. Tony disagreed with her on this point and they had many arguments about the fact. Wanda just said he was rich so his education didn’t count as a comparison.

Natasha always ended up laughing whenever Wanda and Tony got into one of their discussions, but generally stayed out of it. Peter and Wanda had gotten closer, as had Wanda and Vision. Natasha was less happy about that development. Though she knew technically speaking Wanda was older than Vision, their relationship still made her uncomfortable. Wanda assured her they were just friends but she saw the lingering glances they both made at each other. As far as Natasha was concerned she was her little girl, and no man or android would ever be good enough for her.

……………………………………………..

“Hey Sabrina, you ready for this gig?”

Wanda was stood in the bathroom applying the last of her eyeliner to her face, “two minutes, Uncle Tony.”

“Come on, Pete and I are ready.”

Wanda scoffed through the door, “be patient old man.”

Tony turned to Natasha who was stood in the hallway with them, “She is sounding more like you every day you know that.”

Natasha smirked at him, “I know isn’t it great?”

“Great is not the word I would use,” muttered Tony.

Wanda walked out of the bathroom, to meet the congregation in the hallway. Natasha gave her a quick hug, “Behave for Tony ok?”

Steve walked in to see her off as well, “you look beautiful kid.”

“Thanks Steve,” replied Wanda shyly. “I always behave Mama.”

Natasha snorted at that. “We will be fine Romanoff, It’s a Cure gig. It will be filled with white middle age men.”

They watched them off as Tony, Peter and Wanda got into one of their cars to drive to the gig.

Steve turned to Natasha with a smile, “I wouldn’t worry Peter has gone with them, so at least one of them might be responsible.”

Natasha just glared at him, “What were we thinking letting Stark take our kid out?”

Steve always liked it when Natasha referred to Wanda as their kid, “they will be fine Nat.”