𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

Start from the beginning

"Byakuya was a capable leader...For someone like him to get killed...Oh, the despair it brings. It's only fitting that you symbols of hope should use his hope as a stepping stone to shine even brighter. That was my only motivation." He spoke calmly, a bitter tone entering his voice as he finally looked at you directly with those haunting eyes. You felt a sense of unease creep up on you when his piercing gaze bore into you.

You lowered your head in defeat as the others begin asking for the voting to start already. 'I guess this is it...In the end, Nagito confessed to killing Byakuya I guess I found who killed him even if it wasn't who I wanted it to be, but still, why does it feel like I'm still missing something?' You thought bitterly.

"Y/N..." You heard a voice call to you. It was the voice of your coach. You could almost imagine him standing right in front of you, smiling down at you and encouragingly patting your shoulder.

The words he once said to you rang through your mind and you felt your heart swell with fond memories. "You know that, you can do this. You're a talented young lady don't give up just yet. No matter what happens out on that court, just focus on winning the game."

"I believe in you and remember that I'm always watching from the stands."

These words were enough to spark the fire in your heart once again. 'He's right. I can't give up just yet, it's too early. Think, Y/N think long and hard about the investigation!' You commanded yourself mentally, and that's when you realized it. A crucial piece of evidence that would change the course of the whole trial.

"Everybody just hold on. Nagito isn't the killer!" You announced suddenly, confusing everyone and drawing their attention towards you.

"Y/N look, I know it must be hard to come to terms with this but we already know who it is-" Hajime tried to reason with you, but you cut him off.

"No, I'm serious. It's not him and I have the evidence to prove it!" You asserted firmly. Everyone's faces changed from confusion to surprise. Nagito simply smiled, clearly amused.

"Go ahead and tell us then. The floor's all yours." He stated, gesturing you to continue.

"Mikan, you're a nurse, right?" You asked.

"Um, yes, but what does that have to do with anything?" She questioned.

"Well, since you're a nurse, doesn't that mean you ran an autopsy on him?" You inquired.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I did, and based on the entry wounds on Byakuya's body, the width of the weapon has to be around 5mm, around the same size as an ice pick. Much too small for it to be a knife." She explained.

"Just because the murder weapon is different doesn't mean we still can't assume I'm the killer. Besides, nobody can see in the dark no matter how much you think about it, the truth is beyond your sight." Nagito stated matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, but you can still hear in the dark and I know just the person who can back me up...Ibuki!" You exclaimed, pointing towards her.

"Huh!? Are you talking about me?" She questioned in surprise, pointing at herself.

"Yes, Ibuki, that was the whole point of me setting that up..." You said, sighing heavily.