As you neared the bed, your breath stopped when you laid your eyes on an oddly familiar face. The pale face of Bosacius, his purple hair scattered around him as he peacefully rested on the pillow.

An overwhelming feeling of guilt and shame washed over you as you stood there, motionless. How many years had it been again? Ah yes, 7. 7 years in a coma. You sighed, thinking of how this person could have lived a normal life, and not have to waste 7 years of his life if you had stopped your mother that night, or even called for help instead of cowering in fear. 

You sat down on a chair beside the bed as your hands clutched the white sheets. "I-" you choked on a sob as you felt your eyes tear up. "I'm sorry..."

Your head pounded as silent tears rolled down your cheeks. You hadn't cried in so long, that this overwhelming feeling of pain and regret felt so foreign. Your shoulders shuddered as you let out strangled sobs between breaths. You skimmed your hands over your face in an attempt to stop the tears, but to your despair, it did nothing.

It was until you felt a light hug that your breath caught and you violently whipped your head down to see who was giving you the hug.

"Don't cry. If you cry, Qiqi will cry too." a purple-haired girl with a long braid said. She looked around 6 to 7 years old, the same age as your younger sister. You stared at the girl through wide teary eyes. The young girl, or this 'Qiqi', stared back at you with her pink-colored eyes.

"Uh," you stated, unable to form a coherent sentence at the given time. 

Qiqi pat your back then moved away to the table. You traced your eyes to the small figure, watching her curiously. She came back a moment later with a glass of water.

"Qiqi will give you Qiqi's cocogoat milk....because you are sad....and Qiqi does not like it when people are sad..." she said, holding up the 'cocogoat milk'. You raised an eyebrow but took a sip, tasting the familiar flavor of coconut milk.

"Thank you," you said, tilting your head as you forced a convincing smile.

"A fake smile...just like brown-haired girl I hate.." Qiqi murmured, making your smile falter for a moment.

"So. who are you?" you decided to change the topic.

"Qiqi is Qiqi. Qiqi helps Baizhu." the girl explained emotionlessly. You smiled awkwardly at her as you sweatdropped. You thought back to the receptionist with the green hair you saw, and the name card on his chest that said "Baizhu".

"Ah. That's nice, you must enjoy working at the hospital then." you giggled. "Im Y/n. Its nice meeting you, Qiqi," you said with a soft smile, patting the front part of her hair which wasn't covered by her hat.

"Oh. Y/n. Where have I heard that before....?" Qiqi muttered as she placed a finger on her lips, deep in thought. "Oh, Y/n..."

You tilted your head in confusion, but choose to keep quiet to be polite.

"Paimon talks about Y/n..."

You froze, having a heart attack for the second time today. "Paimon? Do you know her, Qiqi?"

Qiqi nodded. "Qiqi remembers now. Paimon is Qiqi's friend." 

"How do you know her?" you asked excitedly, feeling rather proud that Paimon has a friend.

"Qiqi goes to school with Paimon." Qiqi explained. "Paimon talks about Y/n a lot. Too much. Qiqi's head hurts." Qiqi held her head in a headache motion, making you sweatdrop. You reminded yourself to ask Paimon to tone down on her bragging the next time you saw her.

"Oh, I see. I'll tell Paimon not to be so loud next time," you replied with a smile.

"Are you like Qiqi? Do you go to Paimon's school?" Qiqi questioned, looking up at you.