"As we grew up, his bond with our friends strengthened. But he was most close to one particular boy, and looked up to him like an older brother." Ganyu's voice dropped as her fingers holding her food shook as she continued. "One day, however, he got injured badly. I don't know much about the incident myself since I wasn't there, but I do know what happened. He was attacked by a lady on the street. He protected Xiao and sent him away. In the end, he was injured really badly..."

"Hey. Ganyu." you reached a hand and lightly pat Ganyu's back as she stiffened. The look on her face shook you. There was so much remorse and sadness, and for the first time, you felt like you saw a side of Ganyu that she would never have shown anyone.

"He's alive but he's been in the hospital for years now. The lady who attacked him claimed he was her husband, but that can't be right. Bosacius is too young." Ganyu whispered.

You froze.

That name.

It was the same...

"Ganyu..." you started, holding her shoulders. Ganyu looked up to meet your eyes but however, flinched when she made eye contact with you. "repeat that."

"r-repeat what?"

"His name. What was his name?"

"Bosacius?"

It was the same name.

There was no doubt.

An image of the tall purple-haired male flashed in your head.

The lady who attacked him was your mother.

You were there that night too, 

and you did nothing to stop her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Could I see Bosacius please?" you asked the front desk at the hospital. 

"And who might you be, miss?" asked the receptionist with long green hair and glimmering golden-orange eyes.

"Ah, sorry! I'm y/n l/n." you handed your credentials to the male who skimmed through them and handed them back to you.

"What relation might you have with Bosacius?" he questioned.

"He's a...friend," you replied with a forced smile. This seemed to be enough to convince him as the male nodded.

"He is in room 102 on the first floor. You have 10 minutes," he said as he handed you a check-in page. You graciously accepted it, bowing before running up the stairs to the first floor.

You had asked Ganyu for details, and she had told you Bosacius was currently at the BuBu hospital in a coma. So you decided to go after school.

You didn't know why exactly you were asking to visit Bosacius, but something tugged at your heart, and the guilt that was eating you away seemed to become more visible. You thought it was the right thing to do, to go visit the victim you couldn't protect. The person you could have saved, but didn't.
100...101...102...

Your body halted as you stepped in front of the door to the patient. You could hear your heartbeat thudding in your eardrums as you felt your breathing become slightly uneven. With a huff, you closed your eyes and reopened them, reaching for the doorknob and twisting it open. You shielded your eyes as the evening sunset flooded the room. the pale white curtains of the hospital window fluttered as orange sunlight pooled into the room. Fresh flowers were in a vase on a table, and a large white bed sat in the middle of the room, concealed by a bed curtain. You nervously gulped as you took a step forward, your shoe soles clacking against the stone floor.