Chapter 19: You're Staring

Bucky's Pov:

I couldn't help but stare at you.

My eyes glued to your face. Trying to memorize every inch, every freckle as you talked.

I just, I don't think words could do you justice.

Your hand linked beneath with mine, while the other one traced the metal plates of my hand.

And I didn't mind.

I just smiled at you, it felt like a dream, just being able to look at you. To see you.

I couldn't get enough, just being close to you. Talking to you. It felt like a drug, like it was right. Like looking at peace, if peace was a person. Like the constant storm in my mind, never a sunny day in many years, had... Stopped.

The rough crashing of the waves, thunder, and high winds, stopped.

Like walking along a beach in the early morning. The sun finally coming out from behind the thick clouds. The waves calm. Everything was still.

When your eyes finally drifted back to mine,

"You're staring." You said embarrassed through a small laugh.

You got me out of my trance. I was hypnotized by you.

I shook my head, getting back to reality, trying to laugh my odd behavior off. Looking down at our hands,

"Sorry, I just–"

I looked back up at you, a small smile on your face, eyebrows raised while you were waiting for my response.

"Nevermind."

You rolled your eyes and giggled.

God. Everything you did made my heart skip a beat.

"I should probably let Wanda know you are awake.." I said while standing up, about to step out of the room. As I was about to separate our hands, turning in the direction of the door.

I felt your hand tighten around mine.

"No, don't leave yet.." As I turned to look at you, meeting your eyes, watching the blush spread across your face.

Your eyes darted back down to our hands.

"I mean– you don't have to do that." She said, still not meeting my gaze.

"But I've got to let Wanda know that–" I tried to explain.

"She already knows." You said, finally looking at my eyes.

"But how–" I said,

"Trust me.." You said with a small smile,

In the distance, I could hear the elevator dinging, doors opening.

We both looked toward the door to the hallway, then back at each other.

"She's awake!" Hearing Wanda in the distance,

"She knows." You said with a smirk, your nose scrunching.

I gave you a confused look. How did you know, and, how did you hear the elevator?

As I was about to question you further, the door swung open.

"Y/n! You're–" Wanda said, as she rushed into the room. Stopping dead in her tracks,

"Oh.." She said, her eyes darting back and forth between the two of us and our intertwined hands, I could see her trying to fight back a smirk.

In the corner of my eye, I saw you widen your eyes, giving her a 'Do not.' type of look.