Chapter 3: Progress And The Unknown

Eventually, with Wanda's help, I started forcing myself to be less shy. Forcing myself out of my comfort zone.

So I got a lot more comfortable with the rest of the team. Sometimes my shyness was gone entirely.

One of the times I noticed it was during a 'Mandatory' movie night.

I walked out of the elevator with Nat. We were talking about who is the clumsiest on the team. We were laughing together. We continued talking as we entered the kitchen area, I headed to the fridge. While Nat continued talking to me while leaning on the counter.

I grabbed two waters from the fridge and closed the door.

I turned around and tossed it to Nat.

She caught it easily and opened the top, taking a sip while smirking at me.

"Just Checking," I said while also smirking and taking a sip of my water.

We began heading to the living area where everyone else was sitting and talking.

"I can guarantee, that I am not clumsy," Nat said.

"You never know, maybe you are getting rusty," I said to her.

She rolled her eyes. I playfully bumped into her shoulder.

We both let out laughs as we took our seats. I sat next to Wanda while Nat took her seat on the couch next to Clint.

Wanda's POV:

You know how sometimes, something will happen and it will make you reflect?

As soon as I heard y/n's laugh, I had that moment.

I was talking to Vision, or well, I WAS talking with Vision.

I had stopped mid-sentence when I saw you being so friendly and comfortable in front of not just Nat, but everyone.

"Wanda? Are you alright?" Vision said to me.

I used my head to gesture in the direction of you and Nat in the kitchen.

Vision turned to look at what I gestured to.

"She really has come a long way, huh?"

He said a slight smile across his face.

"Yeah.. Yeah, she has." I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Once Nat and y/n sat down.

No Pov:

Y/n reached for the remote, leaning her back against Wanda and putting one leg up over the couch's arm.

"So, what are we watching T?" She said while turning the tv on and began scrolling through movies.

"I don't know, what do you want to watch?"

After arguing with Sam about what movie to watch, they finally agreed on one.

Steve shut the light off and the movie started.

Wanda's Pov:

I couldn't help the emotions building inside of me. I was so proud of y/n.

I also couldn't help but take a peak into everyone's mind.

"She's really come out of her shell," Clint said in his head.

"She's come a long way," Steve said in his mind.

"I'm really proud of how far she's come," Tony said in his mind.

"I like this side of y/n" Sam said in his head.

I did my best to stop myself from smiling from ear to ear.

I turned to y/ns head that was on my shoulder and kissed the top of her head.

She turned to me slightly and gave me the sweetest smile. Then returning her eyes back to the screen.

Y/n has made so much progress, but she is still timid. She has only been on a few missions since we got to the compound, and she's done great.

To everyone's surprise, she basically turns into a different person when fighting.

She is very skilled.

I've gotten to learn so much about y/n, and so has the rest of the team.

But, there is still so much we don't know.

We don't really know much about her past. I'm (at least that I am aware) the only one that knows why she got put on the raft in the first place. And all we know about her gaining her ability was that it happened when she was young and it was an accident.

We know nothing about her family, how she learned to fight, or anything.

Maybe the more comfortable she gets, the more she will be willing to tell us more about herself.

I just hope she keeps making progress and that nothing makes her revert back to shutting everyone out.