Prologue: A Man and a Half

"In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood, burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of hell and tainted beyond ascension. He chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace, and with boiling blood he scoured the umbral plans seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the knight sentinels, and those who tasted the bite of his sword name him the Doom Slayer."

The battle had been finished

The battle had been finished. The Doom Slayer, the relentless scourge of Hell and all its inhabitants, emerged victorious as he killed the dreaded Spider Mastermind. Once a scientist for the Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC), Olivia Pierce had succumbed to the dark forces of Hell, transforming into a grotesque fusion of mechanical spider and demonic flesh. The Slayer, armed with the BFG 9000 (Big REDACTED Gun v9000), firmly inserted the weapon into the incapacitated Mastermind's jaw. With a pull of the trigger, the demon's brain was vaporized.

Finally, the Slayer can seal off the gates of-

"TETHER ACTIVATED."

A surge of unfathomable energy coursed through the Hellwalker's body, causing him to vanish from the Mastermind's lair in an instant. When he reappeared, he found himself confined within a transparent enclosure, facing Dr. Samuel Hayden, the very instigator of the cataclysmic events that had unfolded. Driven by a misguided quest to resolve Earth's energy crisis, Hayden had tampered with the forbidden energy known as Argent, drawing the ire of Olivia Pierce and triggering the disastrous sequence of events.

Dr

Dr. Hayden, acknowledging the Slayer's triumph, addressed him with a mixture of acknowledgement and justification.

Dr. Hayden: You've won. It's over. You stopped the invasion and closed the portal. But it's come at a price. Argent, VEGA, this entire operation.

Dr. Hayden's mechanical voice began to fill with a sound of anger.

Dr. Hayden: You see, I've watched you work, come to understand your motivation. You think the only way is to kill them all, leave nothing behind. And you may be right. But we can't just shut it all down. Without Argent energy it will be worse. I don't expect you to agree. But with this, we can continue our work

The Doctor retrieved the hilt of the Crucible, a weapon recently acquired by the Slayer. Aware of the impending danger, the Slayer strained against his restraints, desperately seeking an opportunity to retaliate and deliver swift vengeance upon the doctor's mechanical skull. Yet, his attempts were in vain , and he was forced to listen to Dr. Hayden's words.

Dr. Hayden: I am not the villain in this story. I do what I do because there is no choice. Our time is up. I can't kill you, but I won't have you standing in our way. 

Activating the Crucible, the doctor revealed its formidable blood red blade, pulsating with pure Argent energy. Approaching a nearby console, he inserted the weapon into a slot within the energy storage compartment. The machine's surface erupted in vivid red flashes, accompanied by a warning message blaring from a nearby speaker.

"WARNING. OVERFLOW OF ARGENT ENERGY. TETHER LOCATION BREAKING UNIVERSAL BOUNDARIES."

Dr. Hayden: I am sending you to a world where you can do no harm. Perhaps there, you will find peace, perhaps not. Until we see each other again.

With a decisive activation of the machine, the Slayer's rage intensified, his relentless assault upon the glass enclosure growing more violent. Eventually, the glass was destroyed by his onslaught, shattering into countless shards. However, it was too late for him.

"TETHER ACTIVATED. 3... 2... 1..."

Another surge of electrifying energy seized the Slayer, his very essence being forcibly ripped away, drawn into the unknown. In an instant, the container was empty.