Episode 26

Joe entered the lab after dinner that night for the first time since he woke up in one of the cells, they planned to try and catch this girl tonight without Joe getting changed into a person he can't even remember the next morning. He made his way to the room where he knew everyone would be waiting for him but was confused when he didn't see Caitlin sat at her computer like she normally was. He sat down where Caitlin normally would. 

"Where's Caitlin?" Joe questioned. 

"Caitlin didn't come back after lunch this afternoon." Darren stated. 

"We haven't had any contact from her, we've tried calling her, Texting her, contacting her family but nobody knows where she is." Kenny explains. 

"I-I'm here." They heard a shaky voice looking behind them seeing Caitlin in the door way looking very dazed, as if she had seen a ghost. Joe rushed over holding her in her arms helping her stay up a little bit more. He led her over to a chair helping her sit down. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Joe questioned pulling up another chair holding onto her hands, they had become good friends over the week. He had become good friends with them all but he had spent most time with Caitlin sat next to her at her computer. He found it amazing what she could do on her computer but at the same time he found it amazing what Kenny would build or what theories Darren had in his mind. 

"I-I think he was one of them, he looked like he was on fire." She mumbled. 

"And he was a he?" Joe questioned Caitlin nodding her head. 

"It was Robbie." She answered.

"He's become one of them?" Kenny inquired Caitlin nodding her head. Joe had never met Robbie before but he has seen pictures of him with Caitlin and they looked close, he could only imagine what it's like to lose someone you love and care about, someone who is your whole world. It would be like losing Demi to him. 

"We'll just have to keep our eyes open for him, see if he does anything." Kenny suggests. 

"Come let's get you home." Joe stated helping her up. 

"Goodnight Joseph!" Demi called out as she walked past his room to get to her own. Joe smiled to himself, she often went to bed later then he did but not late enough to wake him up if she were to shout through to his room. Even if he was asleep he would doubt that she would wake him up when shouting goodnight to him. 

"Goodnight Demi!" Joe called back knowing that she would have heard. He settled down a little more in his bed shutting his eyes starting to fall asleep. It was rare now that he struggled to sleep with how busy he was, he was often too tired to struggle to sleep. He started thinking about Caitlin hoping that she would be okay after coming across what she did but his thoughts were cut short when he could see something flashing in his room. He opened his eyes to see green lights flashing all over his room, he jumped slightly as the green light stopped standing at the foot of his bed. It looked like a person but the figure was fuzzy.

"You're not the only speedster Joe Jonas." He chanted. 

"Who are you!" Joe demanded to know. 

"I'm the person who killed your mother and your next!" He screeched his room then turning pitch, Joe screamed in his bed as the light disappeared replaced by the hall light as the door opened.

"Joe what's wrong?" Demi questioned walking into the room but Joe couldn't say anything, she rushed over holding him in her arms as he began to cry. She could feel him shaking in her arms as she held him but she couldn't help but worry about what had happened. It had clearly affected him but Demi would never understand what had just happened. The man killed his mother was right in front of him and he was coming back for him.

———————————————————————-

Comments please!

I won't be posting for a while, going through some tough times.