Episode 18

"I don't know Joe, what if one of these baddies go after her, I know you don't want her to get hurt over this." Eddie stated Joe sighed running his fingers through his hair. He hated more than anything lying to his best friend but he knew Eddie was right, she could get into trouble and it would be all his fault. He wouldn't be able to not hate himself if she got hurt because of him, he was her best friend and he was supposed to protect her from danger not put her in it.

"I guess so, I just hate hiding things from her." Joe admits.

"I know how much you love her Joe, you can protect her by not telling her. Aaron is a nice guy but everyone knows that it should be you with her not him." Eddie reassured Joe cracking a small smile looking back up at Eddie.

"If it was meant to be I'll get my chance one day." Joe stated Eddie smiling too.

"And I'm sure you will but for now just be safe okay I don't want you getting thrown into anymore fences. The one accident was enough," Eddie warned Joe's smile dropping slightly. "You've had more than this one?"

"Maybe the first time I ran, I crashed into some barrels and shattered both my legs. I heel fast." Joe grinned a sheepish smile on his face. Eddie couldn't help but laugh shaking his head gently. He loved the boy like his son and couldn't believe what miracle had happened to him. The only reason he wasn't against what was happening was it was getting Joe out, he had never been much of a friends kind of guy. Nobody understood him like his father, Demi and him did. He was doing it for good as well, not using his powers for bad like others were.

"You think you're up to going out tonight if he appears again?" Darren inquired, it was Joe's call whether he did or not. Joe shrugged his shoulders wiping his forehead of sweat as he just got off the treadmill. They were running some tests to see how fast he could really go but the treadmill didn't go fast enough for them to even find that out. Eddie was still there watching him not believing what he was seeing but he knew it was real. Joe caught his breath back before speaking again unable before because of the amount of time he was running for.

"If we have a tactic then yes." Joe replied.

"Well you better get the suit on then cause he has just been spotted out in the field again, you obviously put him off yesterday cause he's come back for more." Kenny explained.

"I'll talk you through it." Darren reassured him and that's all Joe needed to rush off to get his suit on that had already been fixed from the night before.

Joe entered the field looking around him not able to see the guy he was looking for, he made his way further onto the premises keeping his eyes peeled to make sure he wasn't going to miss anything but when he got his super speed he got super eyesight as well which he needed to be able to see while he was running at top speeds.

"Look behind you," He heard a voice, he quickly turned around seeing the man who he came face to face with yesterday. "Come back for more?"

"Alright Joe when he creates the tornado you must hop into it again but before it can spin you out run in a circle the other direction that the tornado is spinning in." Darren explained the best he could without demonstrating.

"Okay I'll try," Joe answered watching as the man begun his power, he trusted Darren that he knew what he was doing. Joe jumped into the tornado as soon as it appeared before it could spit him out doing what Darren had told him to beginning to circle the tornado his eyes on the man who was creating it the whole time. "It's not doing anything!" Joe screamed trying to go faster but his legs wouldn't take it.

—————————————————————

Comments please!