1

The room was cold as he stepped into the entrance. Glass crunched beneath his boots, the only thing illuminating his way was the gauntlet he wore on his right hand.

"Seth, come here,"

"What's the situation?" The pale, dark-haired defender asked, approaching the larger teen. He still couldn't match Erik's height and sheer muscle; but his leadership is what kept the group going.

Erik looked down to his data glove, where a screen flipped open to a wide array of various stats and graphs. There was a particularly large number which caught his attention.

"The residual sigil energy here is enormous. It's likely what wrecked the place is still around."

Seth, erect and alert, warned the others, "Mel, Rion, Erik's picking up a lot of energy left over, keep watch. It could still be here."

Mel and Rion stood not far behind, standing in the hall behind the other two. 

"I'd hope so, we've been on a wild goose chase hunting this one down for weeks!" Mel scoffed, while removing a stray, artic-blue hair from her view. 

"Totally agree. I gotta say, I'm starving! Though I can't say as much as Seth must be," Rion chuckled to himself. He was the youngest of the bunch, and quick to poke fun at the rest.

"Rion please, this is a serious mission. We've got to clear out all the sigil slayers that escaped the dojo," Mel pointed towards the living room of the small home, "Look at all the damage they're doing."

The larger space was trashed– books and scrolls lay all over the floor, along with other junk. Furniture was turned and ripped apart. The only hint of the room's original layout was in the imprint left by chairs and various tables.

"I meant no harm by it Mel, you really need to loosen up. You're acting like a Zad with that attitude."

"Why you–"

While the two began bickering in the back, Erik and Seth stepped deeper into the room. Just as they reached past the threshold a strange darkness began surrounding them. Seth took hold of his Di-Gata stones, as they slid into a battle stance.

"What's going on, Erik?"

"The sigil energy is creating some kind of blinding fog, we should be able to counter it with its opposite." He took a moment to look at his screen, tapping at its holographic keyboard, "It's Ogama energy, so one of your Dako stones should do the trick."

"No problem," Seth smirked as he loaded his cybernetic hand, activating its pistons and shifting it into a sigil cannon. Seth shot out two Dako booster stones, causing a hiss to emerge from the dark.

A robotic tentacle rapidly emerged from the fading blindness, rushing towards the source of its pain.

Seth jumped back, loading in two more Nega boosters, and a Dako warrior stone. Meanwhile Erik launched his own shouting, "Generator!" At the command, an amplifier materialized and lined itself in front of Seth's cannon.

"Now, Seth!"

"Pandemonium!"

As Seth cried out, the stones passed through the amplifier and miniature mechanisms conjured. The drones then doubled, as Erik's boost multiplied Pandemonium's power. The drones clasped onto the tentacle, exploding on contact.

A large roar emerged as the blindness let go of the two defenders and a partly mechanized sigil slayer emerged.

"Mel, Rion! Get in here!"

The two's argument broke as they turned to the commotion.

Mel's eyes shifted to their signature glowing blue as she yelled Crystal Casket– an encompassing ice spell cast– out at the slayer, the attack freezing it solid.

"Nice one, Mel!" Seth encouraged.

"No big. Now finish it, Rion!"

"This'll be easy! Argent Razor!"

Rion cast out his stones, forming the henge. The energy transformed into a large metallic spike. As it came upon the sigil slayer the ice encasing it shattered– and the beast with it.

The group cheered as the last of the slayer-cicle fell. All except Erik, who bore a worried expression on his face.

 >-------------------------------------------------------------------------<

The defenders had traveled to the outreaches of the Nega-La province to catch this rogue sigil slayer. Although the desert made tracking the creature easier, it hadn't helped ease the long journey.

As the defenders mounted their sigil stormers– levitating bikes powered by the stones– Erik's gaze remained fixed on the abandoned home behind them. The battle left the place in worse condition. Not long ago a family lived in that house, one with a little girl, and he could only feel a sting as he began delving on what could have happened had the family stayed. Then, there was the slayer– why did it have Ogama energy?

"Erik, Erik? Are you alright?" Seth inquired, as he drove his stormer beside Erik's. Its design was sleeker, more mobile, and black. The Nega-Dako henge was accented in red, and overall, the machine matched its rider in physique and outfit.

He continued, "I've been trying to talk to you since we left."

"O-oh?" Erik stammered, caught off guard. "Sorry."

"Hey man, remember if you need to talk we're here."

"Yeah, I know." The defender sighed, "Anyways, you needed to talk about something?"

"Rion just wanted to know when we'd get to Maudata... I, I-I mean he– could really use a hearty meal after that last fight." Seth's stomach grumbled giving him away, and the two chuckled.

"The gauntlet says we'll be there before sundown. And Seth-" Erik paused, running a hand through his short, amber hair, "- thanks."

"Sure thing, man." The young leader smiled, before zooming ahead towards Mel's bike. Meanwhile, Erik watched, his thoughts shifting between the family to the slayer, and the oddities that it held.

 >-------------------------------------------------------------------------<

A/N: Thank you for reading the first part of my story! 

If this is your first introduction to the land of RaDos, sigil stones are tools used for battle, carved out of quarries containing special, sigil-infused ore. There are other uses for the stones, such as the sigil stormers the group rides. The energy itself is left over energy of ancient beings that once roamed the land-- but that's not important... for now.

If your a long time fan of the show, I hope my fanfic will live up to the characters and who they are. If you have any concerns let me know :)