7

"Karev just keeps getting in my way." Mark grumbled to Dorian as they lay in bed facing each other, just talking. Dorian listened and nodded, listening I tently to everything Mark had to say. He just adored listening to his voice. He was a sap.

"Give him a chance love, nobody ever does. Only Bailey has and he's proving himself to her. Just..  give him a chance to do the same. I know he's an intern but he's there to learn from the best!" Dorian gave Mark a cheesy smile and lay back down on the pillow. His arm was getting sore from holding his head up.

"I have been though. He even got my coffee order wrong." Mark was being moody, Dorian could see that. Dorian figured Alex would do better if he wasn't sent on coffee runs but it was up to Mark how he taught the interns.

"Come on Mark, a double bone dry cappuccino? He was doing you a favour" Dorian snorted at the look on Mark's face, utter betrayal.

"Really? You're coming after my coffee now? You're a delight this morning." Mark responded as he flopped back like Dorian did.

"That wasn't how I meant it love. All I meant was, and I mean no disrespect by this it's your business, but Alex is desperate to work with you. You are quite literally his hero and you having him chasing dry cleaning and coffee orders. It isn't the most... riveting of work." Dorian was trying to suppress a laugh in order to be somewhat supportive but he honestly didn't agree with Mark's style of teaching.

"Dori love, not to sound like I don't appreciate your advice but I know how to teach my specialty." Mark replied, clearly not happy with Dorian trying to tell him how to teach. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, he wasn't very good at giving the interns a chance and that was the point Dorian was making but it sounded different to Mark.

"I'm not trying to say you don't. I'm just trying to say that Karev will be useful once you actually get past your issues with the fact that he 'knows nothing' yet." Dorian was still trying to get his point across. It wasn't helping though. If anything it was just making Mark more frustrated.

"Dorian, butt out. I know how to teach and I know how to deal with interns" Mark almost growled, he was getting overly defensive. He stood to get dressed for the day, They both had work that morning and it was about time they started their day.

"Really? I'm trying to help you with Alex and you think I'm coming after you? Stop being so arrogant about it Mark. You are supposed to teach us not send your interns after your washing." Dorian had to admit that arguments were his strong suit, he also got defensive and also assertive. He was aware that it really wasn't any of his business but when he has to listen to Alex whine all day, you can't blame him for trying.

"Dorian, I need you to leave me alone right now." Mark sounded far off, like he was stuck inside himself.

Dorian and Mark had their fair share of arguments over the almost three years they had been together, some of them trivial and some of them not so much. Dorian knew Mark just needed to let the current frustration he was feeling, go but he still couldn't help but be slightly hurt by Mark's words. How was he to butt out? Whatever was going on with Alex was clearly on his mind and bothering him.

"Fine." Dorian muttered as he too began to get ready. He just grabbed his clothes and left for the bathroom. He needed to shower.

Mark was still in their room when he got out, waiting on the bed. Dorian decided that if he wanted to talk then he could but until then he was going to carry on as normal.

It took Mark sitting on the bed silent for five minutes for Dorian to finally say something.

"Are.. are you okay Mark?" He asked cautiously. He didn't want to upset him more than he already had, but the walking on eggshells thing was not okay with him.