I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

As he sat into the couch I asked him, "Sasuke-kun, would you like something to eat? My sister brought an apple pie awhile ago."

"Doesn't matter." He answered. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

"A-Are you sleepy?" I asked him. Or is he hungry?

"..."

"I-I'll go get the pie then. Just a minute!" I rushed into the kitchen and prepared the food quickly. I took two slices of apple pie and placed each on a lavender plate. Immediately taking out two forks at the drawer, I took out more forks and spoons creating a loud noise when the utensils hit the floor.

"Tsch..still clumsy as ever." he spoke.

I turned around and involuntarily took a step back like I've seen a ghost. Sasuke was leaning at the countertop of the kitchen. Since when did he get here?

"W-Why are you here?" I asked.

I heard him sigh, "So you don't have to rush back over there."

"I-I thought you're sleepy." I picked up the spoons and forks on the floor.

"Yeah. I went straight here after work." He said.

I stood. "What? Y-You shouldn't have done that! I'm so sorry for disturbing you!"

He frowned, "Your phone is annoying. It keeps ringing since yesterday and Kiba insisted that I return it to you soon."

"How did Kiba know that you have my things?" I asked.

"He was calling at your phone this morning. And it's annoying." He said still frowning.

"I see." I smiled. "Please forgive Kiba-kun, Sasuke-kun." I begged.

He lifted a brow, "Is the food ready yet?"

"R-Right!" So he's hungry and sleepy. That explains why he is somewhat in a bad mood. "Uhmm...would you like some coffee too?" I asked him while I lifted two empty mugs to show him.

"Sure." He said as he pulled the chair and sat. He crossed his arms and slumped his face on the table.

"A-Ano... Sasuke-kun, y-you can sleep on the couch if you're too sleepy."

"..."

Is he already asleep?

I set aside the mugs I'm holding and walked towards him.

Maybe he doesn't want to sleep on the couch? Aaaaah! Stupid Hinata! O course he wanted to sleep somewhere more comfortable!

"Sasuke-kun...y-you can sleep in my room if you like-" he lifted his head.

"Thanks." He stood.

"M-My room is at that corner n-next to the bathroom." I pointed.

He went without saying anything. He must be really tired?

"Food will be coming next." I shouted just as he was able to close the door.

Wait. But he said he'll eat first. Then why..

Whatever. I really can't understand what's going on in his head. Sometimes he talks like he cares for me so much then there were times when he acts like a little weird.

I picked up the mugs and prepared the coffee. While I was stirring the coffee, my heart suddenly dropped. I remembered that I haven't fixed my room from the mess I did last night.