The End of the World Part 1 (Edited!)

"Right then, Daisy, Lucinda." The Doctor looks at them as they enter the console room from having breakfast. "You tell me. Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?"

Daisy bites her lip and looks at Lucinda. "Forwards?"

Lucinda nods her head happily. "Yes!"

"How far?" He asks them.

Lucinda tilts her head at his question to think about it. "One hundred...years."

The Doctor pulls a lever and turns a knob before the Tardis settles a few seconds after. "There you go." He gestures to the doors. "Step outside those doors, it's the 22nd century."

Daisy shakes her head at him in amusement. "Is that supposed to sound impressive?"

He playfully glares at her before heading back over to the controls from leaning against the railing. "How about the year 12005, the New Roman Empire?"

"Now, you're just trying to show off!" Daisy accuses him in a playful tone, and Lucinda laughs as she watches them.

"You want showing off? I'll give you something to show off about." The Doctor smirks and starts to fly the Tardis as both girls grab onto the railings.

The Tardis quickly settles down, and the Doctor looks at Daisy with an eyebrow raised.

"Where have we landed?" She asks him as a grin forms on her lips. "What is outside them doors?"

The Doctor just turns his head to the door.

Daisy takes Lucinda's hand into hers and heads over. She opens the door and steps out to see they're in some kind of open space gallery with stairs in front of them, leading towards a shutter on the wall.

They follow the Doctor down the stairs, watching as the shutter opens to reveal a large window with planet Earth staring at them.

Lucinda lets go of Daisy's hand and steps closer to the window, observing closely. "Pretty."

Daisy hums and nods her head. "It's-" She turns her head to the Doctor. "I'm speechless."

"That's a first." He jokes, and Daisy nudges him playfully. "But you lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids."

"We can die by eating eggs?" Lucinda asks Daisy with wide eyes. "And beef!"

She shakes her head response. "No, Lucy. That's just the Doctor exaggerating when talking." Daisy crouches down in front of Lucinda and tucks a strand of hair behind the ear. "I would never let you eat something so harmful if it was true."

The Doctor smiles at them then focuses back on the Earth. "But you never take time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years in your future, and this is the day-" He looks down at his watch. "Hold on."

The sun turns red, and the girls gasp in amazement before backing away to the Doctor's side.

"This is the day the Sun expands." The Doctor continues, looking at Daisy. "Welcome to the end of the world."

Daisy breathes out and places Lucinda's hand back in hers, though her eyes stay locked onto the window as she takes in the beauty of space and how everything does have to die at some point in life. She knows that too well from her own experience in losing people.

The Doctor heads for the door, and they quickly catch up with him after Daisy breaks her gaze to look at Lucinda who is watching her with a tilted head.