The End of the World Part 4 (Edited!)

"Soon, the sun will blossom into a red giant, and my home will die. That's where I used to live, when I was a little boy, down there." Cassandra says as Daisy and Lucinda walks over to her. "Mummy and Daddy had a little house built into the side of the Los Angeles Crevice. I'd have such fun."

"Sorry to interrupt." Daisy speaks up to catch the attention of 'the last human.' "But what happened to everyone else on Earth?"

"They say mankind has touched every star in the sky." She answers.

Lucinda frowns. "But wouldn't that leave you as not the last human alive?"

Cassandra rolls her eyes as she doesn't like how the two girls are taking away her plan of making people feel sorry for her. "I am the last pure human. The others...mingled." She corrects with a fake smile on her pancake face. "Oh, they call themselves New humans and Proto-humans and Digi-humans, even 'Humanish, but you know what I call them? Mongrels."

"Well, aren't you a nice person." Daisy whispers under her breath before voicing her thought. "But don't you think, they still have the right to be called humans? Afterall, you stayed behind."

"I kept myself pure." Cassandra corrects.

Lucinda tilts her head to the side for a moment then blinks innocently. "How many surgeries?"

"Seven hundred and eight. Next week, it's seven hundred and nine. I'm having my blood bleached. Is that why you wanted a word?" Cassandra looks at Daisy a little afraid after seeing the blonde girl glare at her for laying her hatred eyes on Lucinda. "You could be flatter, Daisy. You've got a little bit of a chin poking out."

"That's Miss. Tyler to you since I don't remember giving my consent for you to be on first named basis with me." Daisy spits out as she tightens her hold on Lucinda to make sure no one tries anything with her. "And as for you to point out someone's facial features and comment on them, shame on you, Mrs. O'Brien Dot Delta Seventeen. You clearly were dragged up, not brought up, yeah?"

"She's rude." Lucinda comments, trying to match Daisy's glare. "I don't like the pancake woman."

"Me too, sweetie." Daisy nods her head. "And for your information, Mrs. O'Brien Dot Delta Seventeen. You're not the last human alive. My goddaughter and I were born on Earth and are clearly the better looking humans in this room since you're just lipstick and skin shaped like a pancake. Nice talking to you...not."

Lucinda and Daisy walk away from her. Lucinda jumps down carefully back onto the floor and places her hand into Daisy's.

*****

The Doctor looks at Jabe as they continue to walk down the maintenance Duct. "So tell me, Jabe, what's a tree like you doing in a place like this?"

" Respect for the Earth." She replies.

"Oh, come on." The Doctor almost rolls his eyes at her. "Everyone on this platform's worth zillions."

"Well, perhaps it's a case of having to be seen at the right occasions."

"In case your share prices drop?" He snorts. "I know you lot. You've got massive forests everywhere, roots everywhere, and there's always money in land."

"All the same, we respect the Earth as family." Jabe shrugs. "So many species evolved from that planet. Mankind is only one. I'm another. My ancestors were transplanted from the planet down below, and I'm a direct descendant of the tropical rainforest."

A door panel catches the Doctor's eyes. "Excuse me." He goes past Jabe and uses his sonic screwdriver to try and get access to the maintenance to see what they're hiding from everyone.