002

AURORA'S POV

JEALOUS

Anaheim, CA

Once again, I'm at another Ducks game. Where else would I be? Jamie isn't coming today, he's not feeling too well. It's been a couple of days since Z has moved in, he's being cleaning up after himself and even bought groceries for the apartment.

I haven't really seen seen him too much. When I'm working a shift, he's at home. When he's at morning skate, I'm at home. Our schedules are very different. The Ducks have a three game, five day, roadie after tonight, too.

It's not like I'm stressing about it or anything, it's just.. I would like to know who I'm living with, you know? I've only heard things about him mostly from Jamie.

The Ducks are playing the Leafs today, and I know it's going to be a good game. I'm pretty familiar with the Leafs, being friends with Mitch Marner. I only know Mitch because of his fiancé, Steph. She's a really good friend of mine.

I also know his teammate, Auston Matthews. He's nice, too. I don't know him as well and Mitch, though. After Auston does his warm up thing which is more like him grinding the ice, he skates over to the glass.

"You're wearing the wrong jersey." Auston points to his jersey. He's only joking, he knows I've been a Ducks fan forever and don't plan on changing that.

"Get past the first round of the playoffs and I'll reconsider." I state. He rolls his eyes jokingly and skates off to the locker room.

I wait for the game to start and it's intense as soon as it does. Bodies are flying, there hasn't been a whistle yet and we're already 7 minutes in the game. Everyone's eyes are moving up and down the ice as the players go back and forth between zones.

Matthews and Zegras fight for the puck against the glass in the Ducks defensive zone against the corner. They both stop moving, trying to locate the puck.

Zegras kicks the puck back, most likely thinking one of his teammates are there, but they aren't. Nylander gets control of the puck and shoots it toward the net, it goes in.

Gibson is a great goalie, but there is no goalie that could possibly have stopped the shot Nylander made.

Trevor throws his head back, clearly frustrated at the play. If he didn't push that puck back, the Leafs probably wouldn't have scored. The first period ends like this, 1-0 Leafs.

The second period starts off just like the first one, fast paced. Only this one has something the first one doesn't. Trevor seems like he's making it his mission to be on the ice the same time Matthews is.

At first I didn't notice it, but even if his shift just ended, he was finding a way to get on the ice if Matthews was.

Zegras finds himself with the puck, and he looks for a shot at the net, Matthews pokes at the puck, trying to get it away from Trevor.

Matthews stick goes a little too high and ends up hitting Trevor in the jaw with his stick. Everyone can tell it's a complete accident, and I'm pretty sure the referees won't call it.

But the whistle ends up blowing away. Not because of a penalty, but because Trevor is dropping his stick.

In one swift movement, he drags his hands down and his gloves come off. Matthews, not one to fight but not a pussy either, takes off his gloves and his helmet. I hope this is one of the fights where the referees stop it before it starts, but they don't.