𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓: 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐄.

Start from the beginning

"Aight, get the fuck out, bitches," Kevin commanded, putting the car in park and unlocking the doors. Khadijah eagerly hopped out, the two guys following right behind her. She adjusted her white tank top, her black side bag strapped across her chest. Arion led the way inside, and she stuck close to him, hearing Kevin lock the doors to his mom's car behind them as they entered the building. They found the studio quite easily—the door clearly labelled with the number, and Arion pushed it open with no hesitation.

"Yo, what's good?" Arion greeted the three men sitting inside. There was a darkskin with locs standing by a control panel, he was a little bit taller than her—maybe by an inch or two, and Khadijah watched as he dapped Arion up.

"Love, this is Jah," Arion introduced them and Khadijah smiled shyly when the guy nodded at her with a small smile on his lips, he had a calming aura to him and she liked his vibe. "Jah, this B-Lovee."

"What's good?" B-Lovee greeted her. "Call me B or Love, whatever you want. Where that nigga Kay at?"

"I'm right here, stupid," Kevin grunted, stepping into the studio and closing the door behind them. Khadijah didn't pay attention to Kevin's rude ass, curiously looking around the studio and the control panel to the left of them. Beyond the control panel and what she assumed was the producer's side of things—there was a recording booth with a mic, stool, and a black headset. It wasn't anything crazy but the setup was enough to get the job done.

"Damn, you can't say hi?"

Khadijah's eyes darted to her right.

"Setty! Blu! I haven't seen you in a minute," Khadijah grinned, moving over to the little loveseat in the corner where they were sitting down, chilling.

"I know, you look good though," Setty smiled, complimenting her.

"My wife always look good, fuck is you talking 'bout?" Blu mugged him, elbowing him in the side. "I missed you, wife." Blu addressed her dramatically.

"I missed you guys too lowkey," Khadijah smiled sadly. The last time she'd seen them was before her father's death—no, she wouldn't go down that road.

"You recording with 'em?" Setty asked, nodding towards Arion, Kevin, and B-Lovee who moved around—turning and twisting different buttons on the control panel, setting the booth up for recording.

"I'on know, I'm just here to support," Khadijah shrugged, "I do wanna get in the booth at some point though. I've never been in a studio before."

"Prepare to be here for hours." Blu dragged out the word. "Dougie a perfectionist bro, he be recording the same verse like twenty fucking times. Its annoying as shit."

"I'm surprised you even know a big word like that." Setty chimed in.

"Fuck up," Blu said, bucking at Setty.

"I will beat 'yo ass in front of your wife." Setty threatened.

"Alright, chill out," Arion laughed, drawing their attention as B-Lovee sat in one of the chairs in front of the control panel, "Jerry, come handle this shit, man."

"Y'all niggas is wack as fuck for that," Setty kissed his teeth, but he stood up anyways, grumbling as he took a seat next to B-Lovee who stifled a laugh. "Just for that, I'ma tweak your shit and make you sound like a walrus."

"I wish you would, nigga," Arion continued to laugh, waving off his threat, pushing the door to the recording booth open. Khadijah watched Arion go inside, and she took a seat next to Blu, who started to roll up. Kevin leaned against the wall watching as Setty and B-Lovee readied the beat while Arion situated himself with the headset, adjusting the mic stand to his height. She leaned back in the couch, minding her tattoo, arching her back slightly.