- Nah, I'll let you rest. - he beamed up a bit. - Besides, I have to think things through and come clean to you. It's not fair to ye, anno?

- I totally understand. - I've let out a smile. - Try to get some rest yourself.

- I'll try... Although I'll miss ye.

Sheepishly, Soap walked back towards me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. As he walked out of my tent, I couldn't hold my sadness and frustration. I was honestly starting to like him, and even though that was a dangerous feeling that developed only through sex, I wasn't willing to give up on it.
I wanted to cry.
I was feeling dumb.
I shook my head and rubbed my eyes, preventing my tears from rolling down my face. I had work to do. I should be focusing on that, instead of a military fling.
I've laid down in bed, trying to sleep my sadness away.

******************************

The day was dreadfully hot, but after treating some small first-aids and a scary concussion, I headed straight to Keegan and Elise. The physiotherapy was progressing wonderfully; in no time they would be good as new.

- Your progress status is promising, Satan. Both you and Keegan have been beating the odds every single day.

- Thank you, doc. - she grunted while lifting a made up dumbbell. - I want to be back in the field as soon as possible.

- If you keep that consistency, that's a certainty. Great job so far.

- Can I talk to you about something, doc?

- Sure, go ahead.

- I know you and Johnny have been sleeping together.

I paused. My eyes widened, taken aback by her blunt statement. I quickly recollected myself, cleared my throat and kept typing my notes. She knew that what she said so casually had hit a nerve. Elise was side eyeing me, expecting a reaction. Her expression was a mixture of jealousy and curiosity. I took a deep breath, and calmly replied.

- ...Yes, we are. Is there a problem?

- Not really. - she rested the dumbbell on the floor. - I'm just concerned about him.

- He's an adult... I believe he knows what he wants.

- Is that so?

- Indubitably so. - I spat. - He was the one who initiated the whole relationship...

- ..."Relationship"...? - she scoffed in disbelief.

- What's exactly your "concern", Elise? Aren't you married?

- You should start to be careful, doctor... Johnny is my best friend.

- Best friends don't toy with each others feelings. And that's exactly what you've been doing to him.

Elise was furious, and her silence was loud. She clenched her jaw, her eyes were glistering with a fury that was beyond my comprehension. It was clear that she wanted to attack me, but she was trying her best to keep composure. She also wasn't in her best shape to do so.
I've let out a calming sigh and glanced at her, ready for the consequences:

- You can give me a thousand dirty looks, Elise... I honestly don't give a hot damn. However, if you decide to hurt me, you'll be hurting your "friendship" with Johnny, and maybe straining your marriage.

- ...What do you know about my relationships? - she spat. - You just got enlisted and is already acting like you own everybody!

- And you're right; I don't own anyone here. But trust is something that you earn due to credibility, and I have plenty. So, I always know.