Due to a slight door malfunction in his pod, Chief kicked the hatch clean off its hinges. "Sir, could you get any louder?" One of the nearby troopers sarcastically questioned, to which Chief just picked up his heavy machine gun. "Huh, I guess you can."

After getting everything they needed from the pods, Blue Team made their way into the canyon. Finding an ideal position for an ambush, the clones got to work. Thermos and Shrapnel placed explosives in areas where the tanks were most likely to go through, meanwhile Static was busy establishing his radio station in hopes of gaining communications with the Resolute to get a reading of the rest of the battle.

Seeing as they were such a small force, the two elements they needed to succeed were establishing a chokepoint and maintaining a steady flow of updated intel. Ordering Romeo to get to the highest point with a few and to maintain a low profile, the clone spotter started climbing up the sides of the canyon to a position where he could call out troop movements.

Gears had taken the initiative to start making barricades and portable covers, his engineering expertise really came into use as he ordered Blitz and Streak to move materials while he could just focus on assembling the parts. Though it wasn't long before the deep marching sound of droids could be heard coming from within the canyon.

Ordering his men into position, Chief grouped Fives, Blitz, Streak, Gears and Jester together to cover the right flank. Echo, June, Midas, Thermos and Shrapnel would take the left flank which was slightly elevated and would give a great vantage point for June with his sniper rifle. Static would stay back with the communications set up to relay intel between the team, Romeo and the Resolute.

"Fives, Echo, you two take command of your squads and hold the Separatist back as much as you can. I'm going to flank them from the top of the canyon and work my way back to you."

"Copy that sir, we'll be waiting for you here." Fives replied while Echo nodded in affirmation. Taking off into a nearby tunnel that led upwards to the top of the canyon, Master Chief sprinted with the heavy machine gun, causing loud stomps to be heard by the clones as the immense weight of the green goliath echoed through the tunnels. Reaching the top of the large sandstone valley, 117 spotted the advancing droid battalion, about a hundred B1s marched in formation in the front, followed by around 30 super battle droids and a mix of crab and dwarf spider droids at the rear. Waiting for the B1s to pass his position, Chief lept down into the gap between the two droid types. Crashing into the dirt and sending a large dust cloud up around him, once the dust settled, a super battle droid stared him right in the visor.

"Boo." Pushing the droid back with his shoulder and blasting multiple rounds into it with the large gun, the rest of the formation soon realised the intruder. As the super soldier finished another super battle droid, a B1 tried to rush him resulting in Chief spinning around on his feet and body slamming into the droid, sending it flying into his formation.

Seeing the devastation being caused in the droid ranks, the rest of Blue Team started opening fire from their protected positions, dividing the droids between two fronts. As Chief started making his way back to his team, a large explosion detonated right in front of him. Flying backwards and crashing through a large rock, Chief's head was pounding as red warnings flashed all across his HUD. As the suit went into an automatic reboot, Chief's HUD went offline as his helmet faded to black. "Chief is down! Midas, go see what you can do!"

"I have no idea how to get past this armour! Where is Gears?!"

"This is way above my pay grade, it looks like the armour has gone into lockdown!"

"What if you tried to defib him, wouldn't that reset the system?"

"Nah, if anything that would just make it worse."