35

We rode through the streets of Atlanta, listening to slow R&B Jams. We didn't say much of anything until he pulled up to a spot we used to go to when we were together. He parked the car and turned towards me.

"Stay here. I'll be back." He went in and 10 minutes later came back out with my favorite milkshake. A smile crept on my face and I shook my head. "Yea I knew this was gon get yo ass smiling." I rolled my eyes and reached for the milkshake but he moved it. "Give me a kiss and then I'll give it to you."

"Oh please go to hell!" He smacked his lips and took a sip of my milkshake. "Are you serious?!"

"Give me a kiss."

"I'll kiss your cheek but nothing else! Me and you dont like each other like that."

"Bet." I kissed his cheek and I grabbed the milkshake . It was silent again. Im not going to lie and say that I don't think about Keenon and our relationship, but when I think about it...I think about the pain and heartache that came with it. "Lo...Lo...you good?"

"Yea im good...How's Harmony?"

"She's good. She wanna be me so bad, she's a trip." so chuckled.

"Yea i bet...I saw you and Caitlyn are having another baby...is it true?" He sighed.

"Yea...we having another baby."

"Congratulations..." I played with my nails as I felt a wave of emotions come over me. Being around Keenon just isn't good for me right now. "Can you take me to my hotel? Im really tired." He nodded his head yes and we left.

Thankfully my hotel was 15 minutes from where we were so it didn't take long. He parked the car and cut it off.

"Umm what are you doing?"

"I'm finna walk you to your door. Don't start acting weird and shit. You know I walk you to the door." I sighed and we got out the car. We entered the hotel and got on the elevator. We approached my floor and got off.

"Thank you Keenon. Be safe and have a good night." I said as I opened my door.

"Wait..." I held the door open and waited in him to say something. "I don't leave til tomorrow night...let me take you on a date."

"I don't think that's a good idea Keenon."

"Why not?"

"I just-"

"Look I know you still tripping off that shit that happened with my baby mama years ago-"

"No i'm not tripping off that. Im tripping off of how you dogged the hell out of me...you lied to me...you played in my face and thought shit was sweet. You disrespected me not only in private but publicly. That shit was embarrassing Keenon!" He rubbed his hands down his face.

"Damn Lo how many time I gotta say im sorry. I said the shit a million times!"

"Fuck your sorry!! and quite frankly fuck you too!"

"SHHHHHHH" We looked at an old man with a robe on who was leaning out his door. "My wife is sleeping!"

"I'm sorry sir. He was just leaving." I looked at Keenon and rolled my eyes. "Please lose my number." As I tried to shut the door, Keenon stopped the door for closing.

"Lo-"

"Keenon get the fuck away from my door..." I slammed the door and locked it. My heart was beating fast. I waited til I heard him leave. "Fuck!" I sat on the couch in my room and sighed. I could feel tears rolling down my face.

"Oh my gosh. What are you crying for Lola girl? Stop crying." I told myself as I wiped tears. I got up and took a shower. When I got out, I dried off and got straight in the bed. As I was falling asleep, I heard a knock at my door. "Who in the- it's 1 in the morning!" I got out of bed and threw a wife beater on and some underwear. I looked through the peephole but didn't see anyone.

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"It's Steph. Open up girl" I raised an eyebrow and opened the door. It was indeed Steph.

"Oh my gosh!! What are you doing hereeee?" He came in and hugged me.

"I wanted to surprise you. Thought we'd spend some time together. We ain't spent time with each other in a while so Jamari's staying with his mom for a few days." I closed and locked the door.

"Well im glad you're here!! You scared me though. I thought you were someone else."

"Who?" I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Uh ohhh. Good thing I brought our favorite bottle. Let me pour us something." I laughed and I sat on the couch. He came back with two glasses of white whine. "What happened."

"Keenon was at the baby shower and after the baby shower, we were in his car and exchanged just a few words. And he took us to our old spot and got me a milkshake. We talked a while long and he admitted that he was having another baby with his baby mama. So after that I was over it. I asked if he could take me to my hotel and he did. But oh boy was it trouble when we got here." I took a few sips of my wine.

"And.."

"Don't rush me...anyways...when we got here we got into an argument when he tried to say I was only mad about the baby mama issue."

"Well are you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be stupid Steph. Me and you both know that's not the only reason i'm still mad."

"It's time to let that shit go Lola. It's been two years." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I thought I was over it. But you know we tried again after Slim got shot. That didn't last long so you know it's been a few months."

"Yea ight whatever." I finished my glass and he finished his.

"Rub my feet please." I threw my feet in his lap and he looked at me disgustingly.

"Get these nasty ass dogs off me." He pushed my feet away.

"Hey! Watch it!" I put my feet on his lap again.

"You better be glad your feet cute." I smiled and closed my eyes as he rubbed my feet.

"Steph...thank you so much for everything really."

"Yea yea yea whatever."

"I'm serioussss. I'm so thankful that you and Jamari are in my life."

"I'm glad you're in our life too...Too bad we can't be more than friends." I opened my eyes and repositioned myself.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Knowing what he meant.

"Lola we been friends for years now. We've had our ups and downs but it has been more ups than downs. My son loves you, my family loves you, my son's mother loves you and most importantly...I love you. I want to give us a fair chance to try this. The last time we were both too scared to give it a chance but fuck all that. I want you." I swallowed hard and moved my feet off of him. My palms began to sweat. "Now I'm not rushing anything. I just had to tell you how I feel about you."

"I appreciate your transparency...that's one of the things I love about you. How about we talk about this over breakfast. Im a little tired." He nodded his head and grabbed his bag.

"I'll sleep on the couch since there's only one bed." He said.

Now I would be lying if I said that Steph and I chemistry wasn't there. And I also would be lying if I said that I didn't find Steph handsome...matter of fact he's sexy. But I've just been too scared to do anything because of our friendship and especially because of Jamari. But I think it's time to take a chance.

"Orrrr you can sleep in the bed with me..." I took his bag and I walked to the room.