33

2 years later

"Lola thank you so much for coming to speak with me and everyone make sure you go shop with Lola!! Stores are now opened in Atlanta, New York, and Houston. I am your host Nick Cannon, peace!" Nick closed the show with a song and he took off his headset.

"Thank you for coming again sis. I really appreciate this." Nick said to me with a smile.
"You know I had to hop on the talk show with you. Wouldn't miss it for anything. How are you doing"
"I'm doing better. Raising these kids"
"That's good. Im gonna have to come see those little rascals one day." We both laughed.
"You know I seen YG the other day...I hate you guys ended things. Y'all were a cute couple" He said
"Cute couple don't mean good and healthy couple Nick." He nodded his head in agreement. "Well I have to go to a meeting. I will call you later." We hugged each other and I left the building.

"YG's baby mother is allegedly having another baby with him. YG denies" The first thing I see when i open Instagram. I am so happy that I am done with that mess. He will never have to worry about me again. My driver pulled up to the studio for my Essence Magazine cover shoot. A lot has happened to me since Keenon and I broke up. I opened up 3 more stores, I designed clothes for Beyoncé, Chris Brown, and Janet Jackson. I also got the chance to go on vacation with Steph and his son to Mexico for a month. Life has been great and stress free! As I got my makeup done, Slim 400 called me and I answered.

"Hey Slim how are you doing?" I asked
"Chillin mane chillin. Bout to go to the studio with G" I rolled my eyes. Ever since Slim's shooting, he has called me every day to talk shortly with me and update me on Keenon, even though I don't ask.
"Slim honey why do you call me every day and mention Keenon every time?" I chuckled.
"Because man life is too short. When I got shot and I was in the hospital, I saw you two man. Y'all was together and it made me happy. So imma do everything in my power to get you niggas together again." I shook my head
"Okay Slim, well i love you bro and I gotta do this shoot. I will talk to you tomorrow."
"Ight sis. be careful out here. 1" He hung up and I went out to do my shoot.

After about two hours, we finally finished the shoot. I am so excited to see how the cover will turn out!! After undressing and getting into my vehicle, I looked out the window and thought about Slim getting shot last year.

Flashback to Summer of 2019

"Neeki what are you doing! You put too many eggs in there! We have to start this over." Neeki and I were baking cupcakes for Jamari's birthday party tomorrow morning. He was growing up so fast and I couldn't keep up. I went to the bathroom and saw that I had a call from Slim. Slim and I had grown really close after the break up of Keenon and I. He was literally like my older brother from another mother. I called him and he answered.

"What's up bro, where you at?" I asked.
"Imma about to leave my folks house. They had whipped up something for ya boy or whatever. Aye I do need to talk to you though, Imma try and head over there tonight, but if I don't I will see you tomorrow."
"Okay well be careful please. The devil is most busy at night because he is used to the dark."
"Don't go preaching to me sis." I laughed
"I am serious Vincent. Get home quick. Don't worry about coming to see me."
"Okay Lo, love you. 1" He hung up the phone and I went back to the kitchen to help Neeki with this new batch of cupcakes. 15 minutes later, my phone began to blow up.

3 imessages from Keenon
5 imessages from Karen
2 missed calls from Karen

I washed my hands and opened my messages. My heart sank when read my messages.

Keenon
    Call me asap!                                                     
     Slim got hit!
     Call me!

Karen
      Omg please call me it's an emergency!
       Slim was shot!!

I looked at Neeki and began to sob. I called Karen and she told me that she received a call from Keenon and he told her what happened. She told me to hang up and call Keenon.

"G what is going on? What happened to Slim?"
"Hey Lo. Slim walked out his peoples house and some niggas started shooting at him. His peoples dragged him in the house while they was still shooting. I don't know if good or nun. Aint nobody saying nothin." I cried harder and sat on the couch while Neeki held me. "I'm coming to you Lo. Hold tight" He hung up and I dropped my phone. Neeki cried with me and tried to console me, but I was hysterical. I had just talked to him...literally. 15 minutes later, there were knocks at my door. Neeki opened the door and Keenon, his mom, and Dijon walked in and came to me. Keenon sat beside me and pulled me close. "Don't trip Lo he gon be bool. He gon be ight ma stop crying." Dijon was making calls and pacing and Keenon's mother was trying to get in touch with Slim's mother.

Flashback over

I will never forget that night. Every time my phone goes off at night, my heart stops. As I got out of my car, I went up to my apartment and found flowers and a note. I smiled.

"Saw these flowers and thought about an even more beautiful flower. I hope you had a wonderful day Lola."

Love,  Steph💗

I smiled and went into my apartment. Steph and I have grown even closer, but have decided to keep our relationship on a strictly friend basis. We did not want to ruin the relationship we had and especially ruin the relationship Jamari has grown to love with me. I put the flowers on my island and went to change my clothes. I turned on the radio and listened to the latest news.

"COVID-19 continues to spread across the globe. The president tells US Citizens not to  panic and to continue wearing your mask and only leave the house if it is needed." I shook my head and went to the kitchen to fix myself something to eat. Quarantine has been the worse and best thing possible. Covid has most definitely changed the lives of every person on this planet. I fix myself a sandwich and a parfait and sat on the couch and turned on the tv and decided to watch Spongebob. As i watched tv, there was a knock at my door. I got up and opened the door to Teyana. I let her in and closed the door.

"Oou girl I haven't been over here in a minute Lola! How you been girl?"
"I've been good T! How are you and the family?"
"Baby Junie is a mess and my hubby is a mess right along with her." We laughed and sat down in the living room. "Now I really came over here to tell you about this baby shower I am having next week and I want you there!"
"Of courseeee! You know I will be there baby for you and the new addition to the familyyy." She clapped her hands.
"Okay good. Imma send you the info! I gotta go girl, my ride and manager down in the car waiting." I laughed and walked her to the door.