Ariella
Parker you're fine you didn't do anything-wrong
George texted me I just didn't know how he- got my number

Parker
-Oh
-anyways I'll be at your door in 15 minutes be ready to go!

Ariella
that is hardly enough time to get ready-

Parker
-So speedrun it idk-

That's practically what I did. I showered in a personal best time of 7 minutes. Then spent two minutes blow drying my hair. Since I thought up my outfit while in the shower, putting it on was all I had to do which took very minimal time. A minute tops. Then I spent the next 5 minutes applying my daily makeup to my face. Nothing heavy, just covering some imperfections.

"Cmon Ariella let's go I am starving" Parker announces loudly after walking into my hotel room.

"How did you even get in?"

"You left the spare on the tv stand so I took it."

"Oh yeah cause that's a perfectly normal thing to do." Parker is no stranger to my constant sarcastic comments, so this one doesn't bother her at all.

"Mhm now let's go we're already running late!"

She doesn't order an Uber this time, instead she drives. McLaren gave her a 570S for the week so she could get around. I love Red Bull but the Hondas they rent us are nothing compared to this. If I'm being honest, the Hondas are kinda ugly but if Christian asks, I didn't say that.

Parker and I are quickly seated upon our arrival. I assume she made a reservation, judging by the way she said we were late earlier. It didn't take long for us to get our food either.

"So what's going on with you and George?" She asks me after a while, smirking up at me through her eyelashes, picking at her food with her fork.

"What do you mean?" She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Oh come on! He just invited you to lunch!" She demonstrates her points using her hands.

I told her about the conversation George and I had because she was still curious from our over-text discussion .

"With half the grid, Parks, there's nothing there. You're reaching. And plus I already told you I won't date a colleague."

"Yeah I don't buy it." She shrugs.

"What?"

"There's no way you won't end up dating at least one of the other drivers."

"And why is that?"

"Ella, you'll be spending most of your time with these people, something is bound to happen. It happened with Luke, too."

Luke Hemmings, my brothers band mate. He and I had a small thing when we were teens. It wasn't anything serious, and it wasn't a messy fallout. We both decided we would be better as friends.

"Okay Luke is a terrible example, we literally came to a common consensus that we were better as friends."

"He definitely did not feel that way." She mutters the sentence and laughs slightly, but it's an awkward kind of laugh.