Chapter 6: Going Into Hiding

——————————🪡——————————

"The fairies began their charge to raise Aurora in a snug little cottage in the woods."

A small horse drawn carriage rode down a bumpy dirt path with Knotgrass sitting at the front holding the reigns.

The carriage pulled up to a small little cottage and the fairies looked at it warily.

"Oh, no. Is this it? Looks dreadful." Flittle complained.

"Come on." Knotgrass said, flying up out of her seat.

The three fairies carried the basket with Aurora in it towards the cottage.

"We need a smaller...baby!" Thistlewit commented.

"Or bigger bodies."

"No, what we need, is a proper disguise." Knotgrass told them as they set the basket on a tree stump.

"What do you mean?" Thistlewit asked.

"Well, we've got to blend in, don't we? We've got to be big enough to look after this baby." Knotgrass explained. "Gather round ladies. Ready, one, two, three, grow!"

The three fairies spun around and used their magic to become regular looking humans.

"There, that worked out quite nicely. Now, there'll be no questions asked. We are no longer fairies. We are three peasant women, raising our orphan child in the woods." Knotgrass declared.

Flittle and Thistlewit nodded in agreement.

"So, uh, no more flying." Knotgrass told them.

The other two fairies gasped in shock.

"No flying?!"

"No, no. And no magic." She added, as she went inside the cottage.

Flittle and Thistlewit followed after her with more complaints.

"No magic?!"

"It's in the middle of nowhere!"

The three fairies exited the house, forgetting about Aurora who was crying in her basket on a tree stump.

A few seconds later, Thistlewit came back out of the house and picked Aurora up from her basket.

"There you are. Why are you always hiding? Come on." She carried Aurora back into the cottage and shut the door.

...

Diaval flew ahead in his raven form and lead Maleficent and (Y/n) through the woods to the cottage where Aurora and the three fairies were.

Maleficent and (Y/n) approached a window and peered inside to see Aurora laying in her basket by the window.

"Hmmm." Maleficent hummed in slight disgusted. "It's so ugly you could almost feel sorry for it." He sneered.

Aurora looked up at him and smiled.

Maleficent's raised a clawed hand and snarled, hoping to scare the baby.