OO1

"yes, i promise i'm fine" i said on the phone to my dad while looking at my freshly done nails. my parents were going through some crisis — they insisted on temporary separation, so this school year i was going to live in dorms. my dad didn't really like the idea of it, freaking out a little he even suggested that he could get me a private room but i told him it wasn't necessary.

i felt bad for him. he lost himself between work and family issues, on top of that he kept worrying about me. i assured him that i'll be fine and that i do understand even when i didn't really understand anything that was going through their minds. but i wanted him to feel just a little bit better and to stop apologising for what our family was going through right now.

my mom on the other hand seemed to be doing a little too well as for someone who's family was falling apart. she was currently in la filming some movie and hanging out with her friends and posting about it. i didn't have the courage to call her, even if she was my own mother she just felt distant. the last time she texted me was a week ago and it was the driest conversation ever, so maybe it was for the better.

my driver suddenly stopped the car sharply when a girl got knocked over by us. i was so caught off guard i didn't even realize what happened until a few seconds later. i quickly hanged up on my dad telling him i'll call him in the evening and got out of the car running to the poor girl.

"are you okay? do you need help?" i asked the brunette. thankfully she seemed to be fine, i helped her picked up her things.

"can i get a ride?" she widely smiled and i stared at her for a second before nodding my head.

"sure" i said and turned to my driver "take her things please, she's coming with us" i smiled and we hopped in the car, fastening our seatbelts.

"thank you" the girl whose name i didn't know yet said.

"it's nothing. so where can we take you?" i politely asked looking at her and studying her a bit. she had long brown hair and mostly white features, she seemed to be around my age and also had american accent so i assumed she came her to study.

"korean independent school of seoul" she proudly said and i opened my mouth in shook. so i was right about the study part and moreover, she's going to the same school as me!

"no way!" i exclaimed a little too loud than i expected.

"what? do you know it?" she asked with hope, sparks in her eyes.

"that's where we're headed. i'm going there too" i explained, seeing how her expression changed from confused to overly excited. i giggled before looking at my driver "take us to the school, please". turning back my attention to the girl i asked.

"are your parents diplomats?"

"no" she shook her head.

"business exces?" i asked again titling my head a little.

"no, i came here by myself!" she smiled showing her teeth and i nodded.

"oh i see. there are tons of americans at kiss so don't worry you'll surely feel at home. you know, half of the school is basically foreign." i comforted her even though she seemed like she didn't need to be at all. she was full of joy and happiness. "do you have any family here?" i changed the topic.

"no, but i have a boyfriend at kiss. we met in seoul a few years ago, i can't wait to surprise him!" she explained giggling.

"wait, he doesn't know you're here?" i asked not knowing if i understood her right.

"no. this is my plan: i'll find him at the welcome party, tap him on the shoulder and say, 'excuse me, but have you seen my boyfriend?' and then we'll kiss for the first time and it'll be fire." she ranted closing her eyes and daydreaming out loud.

oh poor girl, this could only end up extremely good or horrible. obviously i didn't tell her that she seemed to be really happy and it was sweet to look at, i could only hope for the best for the brunette beside me.

"oh that's brave thing to do, i don't think i ever met someone who'd do the same" i told her smiling.

"well now you do, i'm kitty" she introduced herself taking her hand out and i gladly took it.

"stella" i said shaking our hands.

"so, what about you? are you seeing anybody?" she asked raising her eyebrow in a teasing way. i stayed silent for a moment. was i seeing anyone? the answer was short and simple: no. did i want to start seeing someone? maybe.

"not really.." i confessed looking down at my hands.

"oh don't you worry, stel! you see, back in portland i became a matchmaker so i can generate you i will help you find your perfect match!" she explained and i laughed at her seriousness.

"hey, don't laugh!" she exclaimed pretend to be offended but shortly after joined me and we both laughed.

i looked out the window and saw we were here. kitty quickly noticed too "we're here! thank you so much for the ride, see you around stel!" she yelled as she happily left the car.

well that's an interesting start of the year.

authors note
thank you for 100 reads !! <3
i promise next chapters will be better & longer 🙏