𝚁𝚊𝚋𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚎

================================

Day 19/²
11:⁰⁰ am

             Blurry images of the market's stalls and cafes could be seen through the car's stainless window . Business seemed to be bustling with high school students hogging coffee shops for their morning lattes and a breakfast of toasted turkey sandwiches. . . They certainly knew how to make something so simple seem fancy. The car came to a halt slowly before a small-brick-red-building, tired and a bit rusty , but this wasn't exactly the place I had rented. We had stopped in front the entrance leading to an underground staircase with board above it holding the old name of the bar that once existed here. "Welp I'll come and check on you in the afternoon, okay?" Janet patted me on the back, before motioning the diver to pull out the cleaning supplies in the trunk. " By the way, I hired a cleaner to help you out with place he should come soon today."

            "Of course you did," I face-palmed before adjusting the disposable gloves on my hands and stepping out of the car. "Anyway good luck with your work too today, some of the furniture should arrive tonight. "

           She giggled cheekily and handed me a file ,"The contact numbers and resumes of the potential staff: chefs, waiters, baristas, cleaners, managers."

            I did not even bother to ask when or how she managed to gather people already and simply read the white note plastered on the file, 'Divided into sexy and cute resources'

"Real creative naming right there . . ." she only shrugged at my  comment as I shut the door and watched her get driven away with her casually sipping her glass of grape juice in one hand and a whole ass bottle in the other. "There she goes."

              I rested my hands on my hips and stared up at the broken sign," Now how am I going to get you down?"

              " Um excuse me, are you the owner here ?" A young man wrapped in an apron asked as he came up the stairs urgently with his callused fingers fidgeting awkwardly around a small duster.

              "You're the cleaner Janet hired?" he only nodded, before looking back at the situation downstairs and breaking into a panic. 

             He was cute with his messy, dusted hair tied into a low ponytail and dressed in a shabby looking white uniform; an aged white shirt and pants, with a hopeless red apron tied to his slim waist. A fat rat scurried past him, before standing on its forelegs and squeaking in a hot-headed manner. It pointed accusingly at the young man before stopping its small foot on the floor and bursting into a squeaky fit of rage. "Miss I'm sorry . . . But it seems you have a family of mice living in the restaurant, and they are annoyed I was flooding their place because of me mopping the floor . . . " He seemed dead ridden with guilt and held his head low as he kneeled down to reason with the mouse.

       Heck he looked so guilty he was about to give the little guy a full on royal bow. " You do know it's just a mouse,  " I stared him dumbfounded, but as if understanding what I said the mouse seemed taken aback and held its tiny fist at me. " Ugh this is bad , I need to have this place polished before the supplies get here and the waiter outfits. "