스물 아홉

3 YEARS AGO

I looked around in awe. The school gym had been completely transformed.

Disco-lights, balloons, music.

"I can't believe we're actually at the sophomore dance!" Hyejun squealed. "I'm so glad Sunghoon asked you! We're the only freshmen who got asked!"

"Not the only ones." I muttered as my gaze wandered to where Seoyun was standing clinging to Jake's arm. My eyes moved to Jake and my breath hitched when I found him looking at me.

I felt Hyejun nudge me with her elbow, forcing me to tear my eyes away from Jake's intense ones. "So you and Sunghoon, huh?"

I could feel myself blush. "There's nothing going on between us." I said quickly. "I think the only reason he asked me was because he felt sorry for me."

Hyejun looked at me intently. "And you said yes.

Why would you say yes if you didn't like him?"

I found my eyes wandering in Sunghoon'a direction. He looked really handsome in his tux. He caught my gaze and smiled and I blushed and smiled back shyly.

When I turned my attention back on Hyejun she was smirking.

"You do like him." She teased.

I sighed. "I'm really confused. I can't figure out my feelings. What I do know is that Sunghoon is really good to me. He's always there to save me whenever I'm in trouble, he's like my guardian angel."

Hyejun nodded. "He's a good guy and he obviously cares about you." She nudged my shoulder lightly. "If you really like him then you need to make your move, before it's too late. Tell him how you feel."

Her eyes trained on something behind us. "Niki is calling me. I gotta go." She gave me a small hug before sauntering off.

I just shook my head and moved towards the refreshment table. I was just about to help myself to some cake when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I turned around and came face to face with a guy I'd never seen before.

"This is for you." He said as he handed me a folded piece of paper.

Curiosity over weighed my confusion. I took the paper from his hand and unfolded it quickly scanning over the words,

"You look beautiful tonight, Eunji.

I can't do this anymore. I need to tell you how I feel.

Meet me on the roof?'

My eyes scanned the room till they met Sunghoon's, he smiled. I could feel my heart beat quicken. I gave him a small nod.

Sunghoon had given me the letter.

He wanted to tell me how he felt.

I rushed outside the gym and made my way to the stair-case which led up to the roof.

The roof was dark and I could just make out his silhouette standing in the corner.