As he stared upon her, he decided that he'd get his own laptop and be productive as well. As he went to retrieve the object, that was when Bailey began ringing the doorbell frantically. So here the couple was: listening to Bailey vent about her thoughts. Kaycee thought it was sweet that Sean was actually listening along with her. It warmed her heart.

"So why don't you talk to him about it? I'm sure he'll understand." Sean suggested with a shrug, taking a glance at Kaycee to see her still writing.

"I can't break his heart like that! I'm not a monster, Sean." She huffed, following with a groan. "I hate him! He's so sweet and considerate and funny and understanding...He's not the problem, it's me. I can't just tell him-"

"Bails, look, why don't you just look at this as an experiment since that's what you like? Think of it as simply testing out a full-on relationship with him. Trust the process. Honestly, it's not much different than where you're at now." Kaycee spoke, finally looking up at her best friend. She stopped in her tracks, turning to her friend's desk.

"Kayc, do you hear yourself?! How in the hell am I supposed to just trust the process?!" She exclaimed dramatically. "I feel like a fucking mess. Do you guys know how it feels to be so drawn to someone you're scared will hurt you? I know Julian is great, he's shown me nothing less, but I just can't wrap my head around letting him in. Every time he gets close, I just cower away and I don't want to do that anymore. That's why I have to just break it off with him before we're in too deep." She explained, crossing her arms.

Kaycee could see Bailey had made up her mind, but she knew she'd still think about it 20 more times before actually acting on it. Bailey loved to be impulsive, but not with people she cared about. It was one of Kaycee's favorite things about her: Her ability to think of every detail and perspective before making a move.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Sean asked Bailey, already walking out of the room. She followed him, sparing Kaycee a confused glance before leaving. Once they made it into the kitchen, Bailey hopped onto a stool, swinging her feet like a five year-old.

"What is it?" She questioned while watching him move around the kitchen. He began taking out pans and ingredients with a huff.

"I think you're better off just taking the chance." Sean said softly. "I'm not saying that because Julian is my friend, but I'm saying it because I know he truly cares about you and likes you. The guy never shuts up about you."

"I get it, being scared. I felt the same way about Kaycee. I didn't want to succumb to the hold she had on me, but I couldn't run from it. There was no point in running from it, just like there's no point in you running from Julian. You're gonna argue, you're gonna get frustrated, then you're gonna laugh about it later. You can't be scared to evolve into something more, Bailey. You guys have chemistry and you click effortlessly. Why run from something that could be the best thing to ever happen to you?" He reasoned.

His task distracted him from looking at Bailey, who he'd come to realize could read him like a book if she wanted. The woman remained silent, deep in thought about his words.

"How didn't you run?" She responded, turning to look at his figure. Sean chuckled before answering.

"I decided that it was better to let it consume me than just walk away from her completely. I had to stop caring about the consequences." He explained while chopping vegetables.

"To let what consume you?" Her eyebrows were furrowed as she questioned him. Every response he shared was like putting pieces of a puzzle together in her head. "My love for Kaycee. By the third encounter, I was already infatuated and wanted to learn everything there was to know about her. I wanted to fight it, to take things slow at least, but I couldn't. She ran more than I did." He answered with a small smile on his face.

Saving Me| A Seaycee StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara