chapter 2

David's pov***

Senior prom was my dream come true! I got to hold Ashton close and dance. We were crowned king and queen. Then I take her home. After taking Drake to his car, I go home to my empty apartment.

I know that Drake is going to Anna Brown's after party. Then he and Anna will spend the night together. They think that they are being secretive. But anyone can see the looks and touches.

Ashton thinks that I'm sleeping with Monica. But we split about a month ago. She just doesn't add up to Ashton. Hell! Nobody can compare to Ashton!

  Ashton is pure perfection. She is sweet, caring, responsible, independent, dedicated, beautiful, and brilliant! I have been in love with her since the eighth grade. We have gone to all of the school dances together. We always dance the last dance together. Kinda my way of telling everyone that she will always come back to me.

But lately I have been feeling tired easily. I have also lost most of my appetite. Just like when I had leukemia a few years ago. I'm afraid to go to the doctor. He may tell me that it is back. Just like my dad.

Ashton was right by my side my entire battle with leukemia. Never letting me give up hope. Making sure that I ate and took my medicine. Staying with me while I went through my treatments. Celebrating when I went into remission.