friendships and confessions

"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are

"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are."
– Houssaye
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The two of you safely made it to the end of phase one, still bickering back and forth.

"What?! There's no way you dislike chocolate!"

"And there's no way you like it! First of all, it melts too easily, it leaves an icky, sour aftertaste..."

You began passionately listing off the reasons why chocolate was overrated, not noticing- or caring- that everyone else was staring at the both of you.

Killua rolled his eyes, "I take it back, you really aren't that cool anymore-"

"You think I'm cool?!"

"Ugh! Do you only listen to the parts you like or something?" His ears tinted red and he looked away, crossing his arms, "Selective hearing much?"

"Haha, you still didn't deny it. See, I always knew you secretly thought I was cool- Oh look! It's Gon!"

The white haired boy followed your gaze in excitement, "Gon!" He ran over to the said boy, smiling, "What took you so long?"

As they reconciled, you stood back frowning and realized that your heart felt lighter. Was it relief over Gon and maybe Kurapika's safe arrival? But... Why? You wanted to know, you wanted answers.

And so you walked up to them, wiping off any trace of discontent off your face, and smiled your best smile.

This was strictly to find out answers, you decided, and once you found them you would leave.

..𖤓..

"This concludes the end of phase one," Satotz announced, "I wish you all the best of luck in the next phase here in the Biska Forest."

The purple man then bowed and stiffly walked off, leaving the rest of the examinees to guess what the second phase might be.

Sometime in the past few minutes, a beat up Leorio joined them, confused about why he was all roughed up. Gon and Kurapika had shared a look as if to say, 'We probably shouldn't tell him what happened...'

It was then the giant gate behind them opened with a loud screech, all the applicants turned towards it tentatively.

"Will all applicants who passed the first phase please enter?"

There was a woman with bright teal hair sitting on top of a couch with a ginormous, fat man behind her.

"Welcome, I'm Menchi, the second phase examiner."

"And I'm Buhara, the other examiner."

Everybody was tense, wary of what this phase might contain, when suddenly-