Yet she pushed it aside as she entered her 'home', automatically looking around for her dad.

It was as if he hadn't even noticed she's been gone all night and all day as he was now face down, passed out on the living room floor, small snores escaping him as a few more beer bottles surrounded him.

"Waste of fucking oxygen." Odette grumbled as she stepped over him and make her way towards the stairs, heading up to the bedroom she'd been given in this house while he hid out from the dealers after him.

Keeping Ace's shirt on, she stripped off her jeans as she began to try sorting out the last of her paperwork to take with her to Castle Rock High tomorrow so she could finally finish her senior year, hopefully get some decent scores and go to a college far away from her dad and the 'Turner' family name.

*****

The next morning Odette took a quick shower in the pathetic little bathroom the house had, the water barely came out of the shower head and, even when it did, it was cold.

But she pushed all bad thoughts aside as she got herself changed, wanting to try feel as fresh and prepared as possible.

Even if she was still covered in hickeys and bruises of Ace, very clearly marking his territory.

She dressed in a tight patterned dress, loosing tossing on a denim jacket over the top, even adding high heels, she wanted to at least make a good impression.

Pulling her long blonde curls up into a ponytail she grabbed a small bag, what few notebooks she had and left the house, feeling fully ready...

*****

"No dad?" Principal Alan Wallis asked Odette as he leant back in his chair, looking over at her sat opposite him.

"Um- no, he went to work already, kinda wanted me to be more independent as a senior and all." Odette mumbled out the first lie she could think of.

The principal nodded slowly. "Course, course. Look I understand you're a senior now, you're somewhat mature and responsible but I hope we can, in future, refrain from all the..." his voice trailed off as he held up his pen to gesture at his own neck.

Odette quickly remembered all of Ace's hickeys as she blushed furiously, bringing a hand up to try cover them. As if that made a difference.

"Yes! Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Please let me-"

"Relax relax, I get it. We were all young once believe it or not." The principal gave her a relaxed smile. "Just next time, make sure they're not on show, try to feel a little more adult like."

Odette nodded quickly as she gulped, though somewhat thankful he wasn't going to tell her off on her first day.

"Great, well here's your timetable and a few sheets of useful information about the school and blah blah blah." He added with a laugh as he handed her various sheets of paper, which she took happily.

"I'll have Miss Cootes show you to your first class." He gave her one final smile as Odette nodded and stood up, turning to face the other woman in his office.

Miss Cootes was clearly older, though it looked as if she was desperate to cling to her young, wearing clothing Odette wasn't sure was for her age group.

"What's your lesson sweetie?" Miss Cootes asked as she led the way out the principal's office, chewing loudly on her piece of gum.

"Um-" Odette mumbled as she followed her, trying to look over the new timetable she'd been given. "Health class with Mr Merrill?"

Miss Cootes smiled sweetly as a subtle shade of pink came to her cheeks. "Oh you are gonna love him. All the senior girls do."

Odette nodded slowly as she walked along beside the assistant principal. Clearly this woman had the hots for him too.

"Can't wait." Odette mumbled, knowing how much she wasn't fazed by liking or disliking any of her teachers, she just wanted to get the best grades possible to get into college.

Miss Cootes was silent as she led the way, though knowing she was guiding Odette to his class made her walk a little faster, showing nothing but desperation to get to his classroom.

They stopped outside a shut classroom door as Miss Cootes lightly shook her hair and knocked, causing Odette to just roll her eyes and clutch her notebooks closer to her chest.

This is it Odette. First class of senior year, time to study hard and fuck off as far away from your dad as possible. You've had your fun, now it's time to concentrate.

The classroom door slowly opened...

Nothing can distract you no- Fuck.

Taking bets on how this is gonna go down?