Chapter 8: Friends

Tommy's POV

Tommy woke up, groggy as he rolled his body out of bed. Tommy sighed as he dragged his feet downstairs. He was quite shocked though to see his two friends waiting for him.

"Tommy!" Tubbo grinned as he ran up to hug the tall blonde. 

"What are you doing here? How did you convince Phil to let you in?"

"We didn't. Wilbur let us in." Tommy looked confused.

"The tall brunette?" Tubbo and Ranboo nodded. 

Tommy looked over at the kitchen to see the brunette making his usual black coffee. Techno and Phil were nowhere to be seen. Which was odd considering they didn't have to go to work until the next hour.

Tommy sighed before walking towards his brother, his friends were just watching the cartoons that the huge expensive TV was granting them. Wilbur showed a face mixed with confusion and disgust as Tommy walked towards him.

"H-hey Wilbur."

"What do you want?" At least he didn't call me a mistake. That is a bonus.

"I thought you hated Tubbo and Ranboo?" 

Wilbur nods, "I do, but if they get you out of the house, it is worth it. You are a fucking pest and I need to work on my music and figure out my next move in the race in a few days," Wilbur scoffs.

I had mixed emotions. It was obvious Wilbur only cared about himself and his careers as a musician and a racer. Though he did let my friends in and didn't fucking punch me for talking to him. It could have been just due to the presence of my friends, but it was improvement.

"...thanks Wilbur." I mumble.

"Huh?" 

Before he could question me any further, I gathered my friends and left. I quickly fixed my hair in Ranboo's van before we went to the mall.

We walked in, with 100 dollars in my pocket for food and maybe a few small items. I have saved up that 100 dollars for a week or two, working away with the little money I get from Phil. Now this trip was odd. Not the weird fat man in a crop top odd, but it started with me getting stares.

"What the hell did you do?" Tubbo questions, "Everybody is staring. Not to mention they are getting their phones out for pictures of you."

"Tubbo. This is probably because of Tommy being the newest member of the SBI Racers. He isn't really the hidden child anymore. As long as we don't acknowledge them, they probably won't swarm us."

I sigh, "So this whole trip is us getting stared at. Fucking great."

We started by going to a few small stores to look at the stuff. I bought Tubbo a bee plush and Ranboo a nice brown leather planner. I got myself a fake golden necklace with a T on it. I had to take a few pictures with customers and employees at the stores so they would stop nagging us. Not to mention the stares and pictures was pretty much full on paparazzi. To try and get away from the crowd, we went to our favorite pizza place and I paid for a large pepperoni pizza. We sat at the booth as a few people tried to get booths for a better look at us.

"This is so fucking annoying," I grumble as I take a bite into the cheesy heaven.

"I mean at least your talents are recognized now in your family." Ranboo says.

"The only reason I am in the SBI Racers is because Phil is a fucking prick who can't let me be happy!" I yell.

"Tommy-" I cut Tubbo off.

"No! Phil is a bad person! I wanted to be in the Dream Team! They actually wanted me for my talents! Phil is an old fucker that only cares about reputation."

Oh.

Oh Fuck I messed up.

I hid my face with my hands, "People were recording me, weren't they?"

Tubbo sighs, "Yep."

I groan, "Let's get out of this hell hole."

We rushed back to Ranboo's van before paparazzi could follow us. Worried thoughts swarmed my head as I realized that my family would see the video of me shitting on them circulating.

Ranboo dropped me off at the house and they left. I hesitated as I opened the fence and twisted open the doorknob.

"I'm home."

Then I saw Phil's face, he was pissed. Wilbur and Techno were nowhere to be seen. Probably in their rooms, unaware of the situation. 

"You ungrateful brat. We let you have friends, be in our team, and even let you live here! And what do you do? You shit on us with paparazzi around! You fucking bastard. You know reputation is important! And what do you do! You mess it up!" Phil screams as he grabs my neck and pins me to the wall, "And you wasted your money on a stupid cheap necklace!" He grabbed the necklace and broke it off my neck. I gave a small yelp of pain before he dropped in on the ground and stomped on it.

"I-"

"You are a disgrace to this family. You kill your own mother and then think you can take us down just by stating words! Next time you are in front of the camera you will deny everything you said today understand me!" 

Tears swelled in my eyes, "Y-yes Phil."

"Good." 

Phil smirks before swinging at me, but the impact never came.

I opened my eyes to see Techno hold Phil's fist.

"Dad! What are you doing!"

"Teaching him a lesson!"

Techno sighed, "You obviously had a few too many drinks tonight. Go to bed dad."

My eyes widened as Phil let me go and left. Phil was drunk? He had the occasional glass of alcohol, but drunk? Never. Unless if he hid it really well. He wasn't even slurring his words.

"Tommy. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Techno."

Techno looked at the necklace, "Was that yours?"

"Yeah... Fucking prick shattered it," I sigh before adding, "Does Phil usually get drunk?"

"Not really. He just was worried about the upcoming race."

"Why?"

"Because I am not racing."

"How! You are the best racer there!"

"Because I am giving up my spot."

"Why are you giving it up?"

"Because you are racing in my vehicle in this next race."

-----------------------------------------

End of this chapter. Hope you enjoy! I swear Phil isn't going to be an alcoholic dad! Have a great day!

Word Count: 1032