chαptєr thírtч-єíght

Start from the beginning

-

It was a cold day. 

The sky was clear and the sun was shining bright, but despite all that, it was a cold day. 

Seungmin shivered uncontrollably, standing in front of Hyunjin’s grave. He never imagined this would happen. He knew Hyunjin has a bit of a hero complex. He was too soft, too nice--to kind to be in Han’s group. 

He was not perfect, but he was enough. And now… he’s just gone. 

Hyunjin made him feel at home, like he mattered, and that he was safe, despite his bad influences and the group of people he was associated with. Hyunjin never made him feel alone. 

Seungmin shivered once again, but there wasn’t any wind. He smiled to himself, thinking, maybe he wasn’t so alone after all. 

-

“Thanks.” He gave the pen back to the delivery boy and took the box inside with him. It has been months, the wounds haven’t healed completely, and he doesn’t think it ever would. But everything has been moving constantly. People left, people changed, some people remained by his side, but Han couldn’t blame them for it. 

Seungmin changed schools, went to a private school to pursue law. Han thinks it suited him, despite his soft nature, he can see him being an absolute monster of a lawyer. 

Chan was constantly coming back and forth from Australia and Korea. He’s been handling a few businesses and been busy with a project of his. 

Changbin and Felix were a very unlikely duo, but Han can only look at them fondly. He’d say Changbin is smitten with that boy despite their bad beginnings.

He opened a package from Taeyong. He’s been staying abroad with Jaehyun to heal. Being away from him cleared his mind. He never thought he’d be so insensitive enough to take advantage of Taeyong before. The fact that he risked his life…Han really felt bad about it. 

He felt responsible for everything, yet he was the one unscathed. 

He took out a few pictures that Taeyong took while traveling. There were a few snacks and souvenirs. At the bottom was a fluffy knitted scarf. ‘Wear this while you drink boba tea! (This is me telling you to relax and go out for a walk!)’

Han laughed at that and wore the scarf around his neck. He could go for a walk. It’s nice out there anyway, despite it being colder than ever because it's nearly winter. 

He took his wallet and phone and went to the front door. He put on his shoes and went out for a walk. He had no destination in mind but he noted a few shops he’d like to visit after his walk.

“Nice weather.” He felt his whole body freeze. He slowly turned around, meeting the same eyes he’d been missing for months now. 

“Minho.” Jisung breathed.

“Seungmin reminded me to bring a jacket with me today, and I’m glad he did.” Minho stepped closer. This is new to Han as Minho left without a goodbye. He did inform Chan that he needed to get away for a bit. Han understands. With all Minho went through just because of him, he needed a break. But seeing him again right now…

“I–do you wanna get coffee with me?” Han blurted out. Minho raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. 

“Sure.” They walked side by side as they went in the direction of the Cafe Han’s been eyeing. They said nothing, but they could feel the atmosphere starting to lighten. This feels like a new start. No crazy uncles this time and no shady business (there is a little shady business, only Minho won’t be involved this time). This is a new start, and Han will make sure he won’t mess it up this time. 

【♡】

I wanna say congratulations if you’re still here despite me not updating for YEARS. I’ve been busy (and lazy) and I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO UPDATE SINCE MY FRIENDS KNOW MY ACCOUNT. ngl I’m a little scared they’d see a notification, but I think they don’t use wattpad anymore sooo— And congratulations to me for finishing! So please hang on while I write a (not so long) long authors note.

While writing this, I don’t really have an ending planned, so I was just kinda improvising until the end so we have some plot holes and mistakes, but its fine! I also just randomly added NCT without even knowing them. I am a fan now, but before I was just a casual listener and I only know 127 so I am very sorry for mistakes! It's just funny how you guys reacted to the Ten scene at the beginning!

I really enjoyed reading your comments and it always makes my day! Even though I’m inactive I still read your comments and it really makes me happy. 

I know I said angst at the beginning but I am not sure if its ENOUGH angst. This book was better than the other ones I wrote but STILL trash LMAO. I’m sorry for not updating regularly, before I used to write like 2 or 3 chapters in a week or something now I just CAN'T LMAO writers block sucks, school sucks too DNJDNDJJDN 

I am still learning and I will try my very best to improve in writing and in grammar. It was an amazing journey with you guys. I love you all! Thank you for the people who supported me and this fanfic and for those who followed me thank you! Let's be friends!

Also I am now writing in AO3 (but for other fandoms, I wrote a changlix ff though, if you want to check it out you can come to my dms!) and I actually like writing oneshots instead of whole fics. 

Also I feel like I need to say this but I did have an epilogue written in my phone for like a year or so now, but I never got to finish it but then I was visiting a work that hasn’t been updated in years and I was like “I HAVE to update” so I wrote an epilogue and I hope it satisfies you! (And that phone was broken so, I had to write a new one :>)

Also I MIGHT try and rewrite some if I have enough free time !! I feel like I should because it sucks LMAO. 

Thank you and I love you guys! Take care!!

(PS. I had the author's note before I actually finished the chapter but anyway thanks again!!! And sorry for promising to update but I didn’t! Sorry for the short epilogue T_T)

ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ💕

【♡】үαηηα